Beechwood vs. Mayfield Predictions/Updates

Beechwood vs. Mayfield   

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

My arm chair QB opinion is that neither teams schedule turned out to be as tough as I would have thought before the season and neither has a win that pops.  Beechwood toppling Cov Cath is the closest thing to a pop and I am not sure how good of a win that really was.  Hergott scares me to death, I fear we do not have the personel to stop him.  I wish we had not lost the all state LB Rogers, he was the leader of the team and would have been a big help.  I think MF scores some but can they figure out a way to stop BW's offense.  Will the recent BW injuries have a significant impact?  Will having not had a competitive game in 8 weeks hurt Beechwood?  Will Beechwood try to hard because they want the Mayfield gorrilla off their back.  All those could be factors before even considering turnovers.  My gut says Beechwood at home is a 3 TD favorite but I have seen Mayfield is this situation many times and more often than not they have found some of that Mayfield Magic so I have a strong feeling the Cards coaches will give the Cards a chance to win.  I need to go watch some Beechwood footage, that might give me a better feel for this one.  

1 minute ago, Toothpick said:

My arm chair QB opinion is that neither teams schedule turned out to be as tough as I would have thought before the season and neither has a win that pops.  Beechwood toppling Cov Cath is the closest thing to a pop and I am not sure how good of a win that really was.  Hergott scares me to death, I fear we do not have the personel to stop him.  I wish we had not lost the all state LB Rogers, he was the leader of the team and would have been a big help.  I think MF scores some but can they figure out a way to stop BW's offense.  Will the recent BW injuries have a significant impact?  Will having not had a competitive game in 8 weeks hurt Beechwood?  Will Beechwood try to hard because they want the Mayfield gorrilla off their back.  All those could be factors before even considering turnovers.  My gut says Beechwood at home is a 3 TD favorite but I have seen Mayfield is this situation many times and more often than not they have found some of that Mayfield Magic so I have a strong feeling the Cards coaches will give the Cards a chance to win.  I need to go watch some Beechwood footage, that might give me a better feel for this one.  

If a team can't stop Hergott when he runs the football that team is not going to win. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toothpick said:

Good assessment. The only factor you mentioned that I also think about is Beechwood players trying too hard, trying to do too much. Everyone needs to do their job, trust teammates to do theirs and play disciplined football.

14 minutes ago, Toothpick said:

Much easier said than done..... but the team that can stop Hergott running will have a really good shot at winning the game. At times when Beechwood struggles to throw the ball and run with the rb's, Hergott this year ALWAYS bails them out running. Stop that and you've got a really good shot. Does Mayfield have the D line and disciplined LB's to do it?

4 minutes ago, BlueKernels said:

Much easier said than done..... but the team that can stop Hergott running will have a really good shot at winning the game. At times when Beechwood struggles to throw the ball and run with the rb's, Hergott this year ALWAYS bails them out running. Stop that and you've got a really good shot. Does Mayfield have the D line and disciplined LB's to do it?

I think that is an important point.  Statistics aside, you have to stop Hergott from running the ball first and take your chances with Beechwood's passing game. So much so, I think you have to consider changing your defense against Beechwood to have a full time Bandit shadowing Cam, Cam, Cam... 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, theguru said:

I think that is an important point.  Statistics aside, you have to stop Hergott from running the ball first and take your chances with Beechwood's passing game. So much so, I think you have to consider changing your defense against Beechwood to have a full time Bandit shadowing Cam, Cam, Cam... 

Absolutely. Make someone else beat you! Or at least make Cam beat you from the pocket. 

• Like 1