Beechwood vs. Mayfield Predictions/Updates

Beechwood vs. Mayfield   

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

10 hours ago, Jason Bucklen said:

So saying wanting to play Mayfield is talking trash? Haha that is news to me! 

Just messing with you guys, you all are certainly, and rightfully the favorite for probably the first time ever but we are a different animal than others and never expect to lose.  I'm sure you all feel the same way other than when you play Mayfield 😉

20 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Do you all hate Mayfield or just Snake? Or both?

🤣😂🤣  Snake might have got under their skin a little back durning the regular season and I don't think they have forgot.  Should BW finally win I suspect they will roast me too but they have been overly cautious so far and I suspect that reflects past experiences with MF.  I can't say I blame them, the very mention of Danville makes me nervous and we finally beat the Ads.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Do you all hate Mayfield or just Snake? Or both?

3 hours ago, Toothpick said:

🤣😂🤣  Snake might have got under their skin a little back durning the regular season and I don't think they have forgot.  Should BW finally win I suspect they will roast me too but they have been overly cautious so far and I suspect that reflects past experiences with MF.  I can't say I blame them, the very mention of Danville makes me nervous and we finally beat the Ads.  

I would call it kind of a love/hate relationship, but for most of us there really is no hate. There is a lot of mutual respect and some fun pokes and jabs. Despite Beechwood being 0-8, I truly enjoy the rivalry with Mayfield. Knowledgeable fans who love and support their team just like Tigers fans.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I would call it kind of a love/hate relationship, but for most of us there really is no hate. There is a lot of mutual respect and some fun pokes and jabs. Despite Beechwood being 0-8, I truly enjoy the rivalry with Mayfield. Knowledgeable fans who love and support their team just like Tigers fans.

Agree, mutual respect and 0-9 would be unacceptable! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Beechwood has the upper hand, regardless of game location, simply because they have the most dangerous player.  I'm ready to see what Mayfield's defensive gameplan will be.  They are going to have to do a great job of mixing it up to keep Hergott off balance as much as possible.  It would appear he prefers to run the ball over throwing it.  Hopefully Mayfield can keep him somwhat contained and make him win with his arm.  A tall task no doubt, but possible.  Offensively, Mayfield needs to do what they've been doing.  Lean on that run game with Galbreath and Starks, while mixing in some downfield shots (hopefully for touchdowns).  The best way to contain Hergott is to keep him on the sideline as much as possible.

I have been critical of this years Mayfield team, as far as title contention goes.  But they are a tough, gritty bunch and seem to be playing at a high level right now.  Mayfield and Beechwood have always matched up pretty evenly size and speed wise, and this year is no different.  It's hard to believe Mayfield has managed to win all 8 games between these two, given the caliber of Beechwood's program.  My head says Beechwood, my heart says Mayfield.  Go Cards.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BadaBing said:

Beechwood has the upper hand, regardless of game location, simply because they have the most dangerous player.  I'm ready to see what Mayfield's defensive gameplan will be.  They are going to have to do a great job of mixing it up to keep Hergott off balance as much as possible.  It would appear he prefers to run the ball over throwing it.  Hopefully Mayfield can keep him somwhat contained and make him win with his arm.  A tall task no doubt, but possible.  Offensively, Mayfield needs to do what they've been doing.  Lean on that run game with Galbreath and Starks, while mixing in some downfield shots (hopefully for touchdowns).  The best way to contain Hergott is to keep him on the sideline as much as possible.

I have been critical of this years Mayfield team, as far as title contention goes.  But they are a tough, gritty bunch and seem to be playing at a high level right now.  Mayfield and Beechwood have always matched up pretty evenly size and speed wise, and this year is no different.  It's hard to believe Mayfield has managed to win all 8 games between these two, given the caliber of Beechwood's program.  My head says Beechwood, my heart says Mayfield.  Go Cards.

Great post @BadaBing.

• Like 1

Although Mayfield is 8-0 against Beechwood, the Cardinals have been in the receiving end of some streak breaking the past 2 seasons.  In 2019, Somerset broke it's 0-5 streak in championship games against Mayfield.  In 2020, Murray broke a long, long losing streak to the Cardinals.  Friday night I think the Tigers break their 0-8 streak.  Beechwood 35-Mayfield 17. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Although Mayfield is 8-0 against Beechwood, the Cardinals have been in the receiving end of some streak breaking the past 2 seasons.  In 2019, Somerset broke it's 0-5 streak in championship games against Mayfield.  In 2020, Murray broke a long, long losing streak to the Cardinals.  Friday night I think the Tigers break their 0-8 streak.  Beechwood 35-Mayfield 17. 

Yeah, Somerset ,what a gift the refs made.

Fun Fact:  Mayfield is tied with Washington Massillon, OH for 3rd in all time high school football wins at 920.  Should Mayfield win Friday they would move into sole possession of 3rd all time.  Washington's season ended last week.  So reguardless Mayfield is 3rd in all time wins but could be in sole possession with a win Fri.  FYI Valdosta, GA is #1 at 933 and our very own Male is #2 at 926.  Valdosta's season ended with a 4 win campaign and Male is still playing.  Given recent trends, Male has a great shot at passing Valdosta next season.  Valdosta has not been very good in recent time.  Poor Highlands has fallen back to #5 with 911 wins.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Toothpick said:

Fun Fact:  Mayfield is tied with Washington Massillon, OH for 3rd in all time high school football wins at 920.  Should Mayfield win Friday they would move into sole possession of 3rd all time.  Washington's season ended last week.  So reguardless Mayfield is 3rd in all time wins but could be in sole possession with a win Fri.  FYI Valdosta, GA is #1 at 933 and our very own Male is #2 at 926.  Valdosta's season ended with a 4 win campaign and Male is still playing.  Given recent trends, Male has a great shot at passing Valdosta next season.  Valdosta has not been very good in recent time.  Poor Highlands has fallen back to #5 with 911 wins.  

That's a lot of fun facts TP. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1