Beechwood vs. Mayfield Predictions/Updates

Beechwood vs. Mayfield   

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

23 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

Mayfield fans - who is a good Zane Cartwright comparison? 

11 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Maybe Landon Arnett.

From what I have seen, this looks like a good comparison. Cartwright is not big. He is not a runner. I wouldn't say he has a strong arm but it is above average. I have seen him hit a receiver on a 50 yard bomb. Pretty accurate passer who is well schooled in the Mayfield offense. He played in 8 games in clean up duty as a freshman behind Stinson in 2019. Then was the starter last year as a sophomore.

28 minutes ago, Toothpick said:

I wish I had me some BarleyCorn's.  I was a last minute scratch, well last night, for the trip.  It will be the first one between the 2 small school super powers I have missed going all the way back to 95.  Makes me sad but it is what it is.  I hope we have a great game and may the winner bring home a state title.  With that said I must say Good luck Cards!

There you go again, you are getting me fired up TP!

• Like 1

Key matchups/questions:

Will Mayfield's Galbreath at LB spy on Hergott to try to slow down Hergott's running?

Can Beechwood corners play press coverage on the Mayfield WR's without giving up the long pass?

Can Mayfield get wide on Beechwood's defense?

Who wins at the line of scrimmage? (Can Beechwood protect Hergott in the passing game?)

Will this be the game that Mitchell Berger gets unleashed on offense?

Will this be the game that Starks gets unleashed running the ball for Mayfield?

Will Beechwood's depth and rotation of players give them the advantage in the 4th quarter?

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

Key matchups/questions:

Will Mayfield's Galbreath at LB spy on Hergott to try to slow down Hergott's running?

Can Beechwood corners play press coverage on the Mayfield WR's without giving up the long pass?

Can Mayfield get wide on Beechwood's defense?

Who wins at the line of scrimmage? (Can Beechwood protect Hergott in the passing game?)

Will this be the game that Mitchell Berger gets unleashed on offense?

Will this be the game that Starks gets unleashed running the ball for Mayfield?

Will Beechwood's depth and rotation of players give them the advantage in the 4th quarter?

An hour and 45 minutes is not long enough to write that essay VoR. 

• Like 2

I believe the key to this game is who are the secondary players outside of the two hammers - Hergott and Galbreath - to make game changing plays? My choice is Mitch Berger, who is one of the best two way threats in the state. Mayfield's wild card may be - as VOR noted - JuJu Starks or WR's Daniel Coles & Isaac Stevenson. 

Will be interesting to see which defensive backfield unit holds up the best. Both Mayfield and Beechwood have top 8 WR groups in the state. Really impressive group of speedy playmakers. 

In the end, I think this is a game won by Cam Hergott, Mitch Berger and that amazing offensive line (Campbell, Vanderpool, Shepherd, Waddell, Slusher, Jackson, O'Shea). Also, watch for WR Parker Mason to make a big play. He's been lights out the last few weeks, stepping into the #1 spot for injured Brady Moore. Pound for pound, one of the toughest small players in the state. 

• Like 4