1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few random observations: - Morris and Rash are two of the best in the business. Coaching is basically a wash, aside from the 6-0 head to head in favor of Morris, but I wouldn't expect Rash to a

I'm very very thrilled to let everyone know that (859) Sports Radio will be streaming live video and audio Friday night at Beechwood for this epic 2A matchup!!!!!!!  Thank to Ryan Booth the AD at Beec

Ok, i have to respond to this. It is true that we are fans who are broadcasting the game, but we know what we are talking about. We actually do something pretty unique in that we respond to viewers wh

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

The pass interference wasn't legit. Plus there was a play where they caught the ball inbounds. Its good to streaks, it means your doing something right. 

The PI call.  

The High School Definition of Pass Interference: 

"Any A or B player who is beyond the neutral zone interferes with an eligible opponent's opportunity to move toward, catch or bat the pass."

Legit.  

PI.jpg

• Like 1

The thing I never understood on that pass interference call is why the Mayfield defender didn't just go intercept the pass. He was in perfect position, had the ball in sight, then stopped and hit the receiver in the back while the ball hits the ground 3 yards behind them. He should have just played the ball and got the interception.  

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

The pass was over his head. The receiver leaned back into him.

Then, in that picture, why is the defender's toes off the ground as he pushes forward into the receiver?  You can clearly see that.  And the receiver is attempting to jump to make a play on the ball.  If the pass was over his head and he was just making a play on the ball why is the defender leaning forward with his arms right under the receiver's shoulder pads?  Shouldn't he have been going the other way to make a play on the ball?  He's going into the receiver to keep him from making a play on the ball.   The defender's feet don't lie.  He's going forward, not back. 

17 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

The PI call.  

The High School Definition of Pass Interference: 

"Any A or B player who is beyond the neutral zone interferes with an eligible opponent's opportunity to move toward, catch or bat the pass."

Legit.  

Ole Carl here must be a refree and I'm guessing the white hat.  Thanks for finally clearing that play up.  For all this time we have just never known.  Mayfield has won a state title of 2 they were lucky to win and dropped a couple they should have won.   If you lose by 1 play it hurts and that last play did but there were many chances to win and all know it, it happens.  I'm sure Beechwood still feels the sting from the 95 state title game loss to Mayfield and the 2011 game will always hurt as well.  

7 minutes ago, Toothpick said:

Ole Carl here must be a refree and I'm guessing the white hat.  Thanks for finally clearing that play up.  For all this time we have just never known.  Mayfield has won a state title of 2 they were lucky to win and dropped a couple they should have won.   If you lose by 1 play it hurts and that last play did but there were many chances to win and all know it, it happens.  I'm sure Beechwood still feels the sting from the 95 state title game loss to Mayfield and the 2011 game will always hurt as well.  

You had to do it didn't you, you had to bring up 1995. 😡

• Haha 2