Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Owensboro at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates

Owensboro vs. Frederick Douglass 54 members have voted

  1. 1. Who advances to the state chamionship at Kroger Field?

    • Owensboro
      46%
    • Frederick Douglass
      53%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 11/27/2021 at 12:32 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Owensboro will for the 2nd time in three years make the trip the day after Thanksgiving to "The Farm" to take on Frederick Douglass. As they say "the third time is the charm" I guess as this marks the third straight year that Owensboro and Douglass will play in the 5A state semi-finals with a trip to Kroger Field for the winner. In 2019 the Broncos won over the Red Devils 28-17 and Owensboro got revenge in 2020 in a thrilling 28-27 win over the Broncos in Owensboro.

These two teams have identical 12-1 records a lot of people thought that the Red Devils title hopes were over when star quarterback Gavin Wimsatt left after their 3rd game of the season to begin his college career. However, since Wimsatt departure the Red Devils have went 10-0. Both teams have breezed through their first 3 playoff games this postseason. The Red Devils have won their 3 games by scores of 42-7, 43-0, and 56-12. The Douglass Broncos after losing their last game of the regular season to a very good Boyle Co. have also breezed as well through the first 3 games by scores of 57-7, 48-7, and 37-6.

This game between this should be a great game like just as their games the past two post seasons have been. I for one look forward to seeing it. I think both of the 5A semifinal games will be great games between 4 really good teams and any of the 4 could win the whole thing. Best of luck to both teams!

 

image.jpeg.9fe8795acba7d715fd8bfa589e44021d.jpeg  vs  image.jpeg.48b05eb1a63ecdf6ecd8ed0e628e7395.jpeg

  • Replies 116
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Owensboro great secondary.  20 interceptions lead state.  Clark with 3 pick 6’s.  Owensboro intercepted Graves 6 times in 2 games.  No running game last year, this year 2 great backs and 2 D1 offensiv

  • Great game here!   As have the past 2 between these 2.  Other than the X game for O and the Boyle game for FD, will be a game where each team isn't overly more talented than the other and is

  • Lot of woulda, coulda and shoulda's in there!  Maybe there's a reason for that. I may be in small company for saying this, but I believe Owensboro is a better all around team with Boone at QB tha

Posted Images

This should be a good one , if Owensboro plays like they have been by firing on all cylinders they will be fine but the competition just got stiffer ! Should be a classic but I believe in my Devils !

I'm leaning toward FD in this game, particularly because they are at home. However, I think Owensboro has a good chance to win this one. Owensboro has a great defense, which nobody is talking about. They also have a more explosive offense than FD. Looking at stats over the season, yes FD is scoring a lot and blowing out other teams. But, Owensboro is bringing more offense to each game. They had nearly 500 yards of offense against St X in week 1. I think the final score will be within one touchdown.

Last year even though Owensboro won. The talent advantage was in favor of Douglass no doubt but this yr the talent level is even or in favor of Owensboro IMO(O definitely has some underrated college level studs). If O plays clean ball, comes out focused and ready to play I think they win in a close one. On defense I’d put moorman on key and play the run. On offense they just need to show up. If they get down just keep playing. With both teams ability to score quickly you have to be able to play with the bend don’t break mentality in this one. Definitely have enough respect for Douglass to know this could go either way. At this point in the season with the teams left in 5A it comes down to who wants it more.

Totally agree , Owensboro has 5-6 players on both sides of the ball that can make you pay at any time and some never get the credit they deserve.

If there was a state championship for marketing then Frederick Douglass would be state champs every year.

I voted for FD as the home team seems to have the advantage in this series. But as the week goes on, I might switch to Owensboro.

Great game here!  

As have the past 2 between these 2.  Other than the X game for O and the Boyle game for FD,

will be a game where each team isn't overly more talented than the other and is what its supposed to be this time of year.

Other than the Bryan Station game at the first of the year for Douglass and the first Graves County game for O and not including the games they lost, these teams haven't been tested.  So comparison purposes are pretty topical honestly.  I think either team can win this game.  The 3 hour trip from Owensboro is an issue, but one that can be managed, but it needs to be managed.

I was at the O vs X game and it was great for Owensboro to get tested like that and I know I'd say the same about the Boyle game for FD.  In that St X game, it just felt like Owensboro played to have Gavin Wimsatt win it for them.  And he played very well, but that style had a ceiling on it for sure.  I haven't seen Owensboro in person since then, but know QB Casey Boone is a very good QB.  Not the college prospect that Wimsatt is/was, but IMO he's better for the team to make them ALL reach their potential.

For FD, I think Sam Cornett doesn't get enough credit.  The young man has nearly a 65% completion rate with 2,123 yards with 22 TDs vs only 3 INTs on the year!  Come on man... that's awesome!

Owensboro is loaded as well on offense.  And Kenyatta Carbon is my favorite Red Devil (if a BG fan can say that - laughing).  In only 9 games, he has over 650 yards rushing and 12 TDs, over 100 yards receiving and 3 TDs, 1 Kick 6, a team leading 4 INTs, and 7th leading tackler on the team.  Come on man!

This game comes down to defense for me.  Both teams have good defensive units.  Which can make the other one dimensional?  I think both can.  But not sure which one will.

I'll likely be at the Male vs T game on Friday, but will be keeping up with this one.  Good luck to both teams!

Some cool connections to Paris Greyhound HS Football......

 

Jeff Reese is the OC @ Owensboro. Jeff played at Paris and his Dad, Randy Reese, won two state titles with the Greyhounds as their head football coach. 

 

Evander Harris is the OC @ Douglass. Evander's Dad is Larry Harris. Larry is in the conversation as the best football player, ever, at Paris HS. Larry and I coached together at both Paris HS & Mason County HS. 

 

Larry came to see Trosper play his last home game. 

 

Two of the finest families you could ever meet. Larry, Randy, Jeff, & Evander... .awful good men. 

 

 

I'll take Frederick Douglass since at home, but wouldn't be no surprise if Owensboro wins. I'll be looking forward to the result of this one.

I'll have more on this one as the week rolls along but I will be happy to be back on the mic for this rubber match between 2 great programs.  I believe we will be at KSBar for a huge pregame show but we're still nailing down the details.  Should be a fun black Friday!

Owensboro fans: Is Owensboro a better team right now than they were this time last year?

 

FD fans: Is FD a better team right now than they were this time last year?

3 minutes ago, Killowatt59 said:

Owensboro fans: Is Owensboro a better team right now than they were this time last year?

 

FD fans: Is FD a better team right now than they were this time last year?

Outside fans looking in:  How do 2021 Oboro and FD compare to 2020 Oboro and FD?

  • Author
2 hours ago, Brown said:

@16thBBall FanFreddie missing any players this week?

All I know for sure is the top linebacker Davis Joyner (knee surgery) but he's been out since the Great Crossing game on Oct. 15. Also LB Caden Johnson separated his shoulder Friday night. I know it was popped back in place but I haven't heard if he is going to try and go or not.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.