Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Owensboro at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates

Owensboro vs. Frederick Douglass 54 members have voted

  1. 1. Who advances to the state chamionship at Kroger Field?

    • Owensboro
      46%
    • Frederick Douglass
      53%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 11/27/2021 at 12:32 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

On 11/22/2021 at 5:38 PM, Brown said:

Owensboro great secondary.  20 interceptions lead state.  Clark with 3 pick 6’s.  Owensboro intercepted Graves 6 times in 2 games.  No running game last year, this year 2 great backs and 2 D1 offensive linemen. All around several guys that should play college ball.  Defense is better overall.   Offense has weapons everywhere.  Special teams much much better with Moorman, Rogers and Carbon.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2GUCew

Check out this interception by safety Johnson last week.

Correction on my previous post:  Owensboro has a state leading 22 interceptions.  Graves QB was intercepted 7 times in 2 games by Owensboro (not 6). 

  • Replies 116
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Owensboro great secondary.  20 interceptions lead state.  Clark with 3 pick 6’s.  Owensboro intercepted Graves 6 times in 2 games.  No running game last year, this year 2 great backs and 2 D1 offensiv

  • Great game here!   As have the past 2 between these 2.  Other than the X game for O and the Boyle game for FD, will be a game where each team isn't overly more talented than the other and is

  • Lot of woulda, coulda and shoulda's in there!  Maybe there's a reason for that. I may be in small company for saying this, but I believe Owensboro is a better all around team with Boone at QB tha

Posted Images

Some Last year numbers:

Frederick Douglass Broncos

Cornett 18 for 25 252 yards, 2 TD's and 2 interceptions

Key 7 catches for 147 and 1 TD

Crowdus 6 catches 66 yards and 1 TD

Dunn 4 catches for 33

Neal 21 carries for 116 and 2 TD's

Caden Johnson 9 tackles, 1 interception

Kwahlie Coffman 6 tackles

EJ Clinkscale 5 tackles

Davis Joyner 4 tackles

Isaiah Kenney 4 tackles 1 interception

Owensboro Red Devils

Wimsatt 17 for 32 144 yards, 3 TD's and 2 interceptions; 18 carries for 75 yards

Tinsley 7 catches for 75 yards and 1 TD

Avery 4 catches for 20 yards and 1 TD

Stevenson 3 catches for 18 and 1 TD

Rogers 1 catch for 17

Flaherty 3 catches for 14

Gough 11 tackles

Clark 7 tackles

Carbon 4 tackles, 1 interception

Barksdale 4 tackles, 2 TFL

Taylor 3 tackles, 1 interception

Hines 3 tackles, 1 sack

Goodwin 1 sack

@Brown it’s crazy to me how Barksdale and Carbon got very limited if any touches on offense last yr. at RB. Looking at the list of player stats there’s only 1 offensive skill player(starter) returning for O this game, in Rogers. 

1 hour ago, Devils Fan said:

@Brown it’s crazy to me how Barksdale and Carbon got very limited if any touches on offense last yr. at RB. Looking at the list of player stats there’s only 1 offensive skill player(starter) returning for O this game, in Rogers. 

Yep.  Senior heavy last year.  Avery was more of a scat back at RB and better catching passes than running.  The WR set is much better overall this year.  Rogers is night and day different and Pendleton, Goodwin, Early can be game breakers.   Let's face it, our run game was Gavin scrambling.  We are about 50/50 run pass now and that creates a lot of play action.  The running game has thunder and lightning aspect now with Barksdale at 215 lbs and Carbon the phenomenal athlete.

We seem to much more comfortable driving the ball instead of Gavin launching a 60 yard bomb to Tinsley.

On 11/24/2021 at 5:08 PM, Tigerpride94 said:

 

Now I just hope they don’t try to make us sit outside. No way we can call a game in the windy 25 degree weather from stop the press box. Somebody is gonna have to make some room for us even if I did put on about 5 pounds today!

It's GameDay!  Anybody got any broadcast links to this game this game tonight?

1 hour ago, Killowatt59 said:

It's GameDay!  Anybody got any broadcast links to this game this game tonight?

NFHS.

3 hours ago, Brown said:

NFHS.

Is that the only place?

31 minutes ago, Killowatt59 said:

Is that the only place?

I’m guessing only 1 can have video broadcast rights.  

2 minutes ago, Brown said:

I’m guessing only 1 can have video broadcast rights.  

I don't believe that is right.  For example you can view the Beechwood vs. Mayfield game on three different platforms.  I think it comes down to money and approval by the schools involved. 

21 minutes ago, theguru said:

I don't believe that is right.  For example you can view the Beechwood vs. Mayfield game on three different platforms.  I think it comes down to money and approval by the schools involved. 

I know South Warren/Woodford County is on multiple platforms.  I believe Russellville/Bethlehem are too.  

 

South Warren vs Woodford is not on NFHS.  I'm trying to get all of this organized the easiest way so I'm not switching between several platforms or whatever. 

 

There are several games I want it tune into tonight.

2 minutes ago, Killowatt59 said:

I know South Warren/Woodford County is on multiple platforms.  I believe Russellville/Bethlehem are too.  

 

South Warren vs Woodford is not on NFHS.  I'm trying to get all of this organized the easiest way so I'm not switching between several platforms or whatever. 

 

There are several games I want it tune into tonight.

Me too, you have to multi-task!

2 hours ago, theguru said:

I don't believe that is right.  For example you can view the Beechwood vs. Mayfield game on three different platforms.  I think it comes down to money and approval by the schools involved. 

For the 213th time ever, I stand corrected.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.