Owensboro at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates

16thBBall Fan

Owensboro vs. Frederick Douglass  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances to the state chamionship at Kroger Field?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/27/2021 at 12:32 AM

On 11/22/2021 at 5:38 PM, Brown said:

Owensboro great secondary.  20 interceptions lead state.  Clark with 3 pick 6’s.  Owensboro intercepted Graves 6 times in 2 games.  No running game last year, this year 2 great backs and 2 D1 offensive linemen. All around several guys that should play college ball.  Defense is better overall.   Offense has weapons everywhere.  Special teams much much better with Moorman, Rogers and Carbon.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2GUCew

Check out this interception by safety Johnson last week.

Correction on my previous post:  Owensboro has a state leading 22 interceptions.  Graves QB was intercepted 7 times in 2 games by Owensboro (not 6). 

Some Last year numbers:

Frederick Douglass Broncos

Cornett 18 for 25 252 yards, 2 TD's and 2 interceptions

Key 7 catches for 147 and 1 TD

Crowdus 6 catches 66 yards and 1 TD

Dunn 4 catches for 33

Neal 21 carries for 116 and 2 TD's

Caden Johnson 9 tackles, 1 interception

Kwahlie Coffman 6 tackles

EJ Clinkscale 5 tackles

Davis Joyner 4 tackles

Isaiah Kenney 4 tackles 1 interception

Owensboro Red Devils

Wimsatt 17 for 32 144 yards, 3 TD's and 2 interceptions; 18 carries for 75 yards

Tinsley 7 catches for 75 yards and 1 TD

Avery 4 catches for 20 yards and 1 TD

Stevenson 3 catches for 18 and 1 TD

Rogers 1 catch for 17

Flaherty 3 catches for 14

Gough 11 tackles

Clark 7 tackles

Carbon 4 tackles, 1 interception

Barksdale 4 tackles, 2 TFL

Taylor 3 tackles, 1 interception

Hines 3 tackles, 1 sack

Goodwin 1 sack

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Devils Fan said:

@Brown it’s crazy to me how Barksdale and Carbon got very limited if any touches on offense last yr. at RB. Looking at the list of player stats there’s only 1 offensive skill player(starter) returning for O this game, in Rogers. 

Yep.  Senior heavy last year.  Avery was more of a scat back at RB and better catching passes than running.  The WR set is much better overall this year.  Rogers is night and day different and Pendleton, Goodwin, Early can be game breakers.   Let's face it, our run game was Gavin scrambling.  We are about 50/50 run pass now and that creates a lot of play action.  The running game has thunder and lightning aspect now with Barksdale at 215 lbs and Carbon the phenomenal athlete.

We seem to much more comfortable driving the ball instead of Gavin launching a 60 yard bomb to Tinsley.

• Thanks 2

On 11/24/2021 at 5:08 PM, Tigerpride94 said:

Now I just hope they don’t try to make us sit outside. No way we can call a game in the windy 25 degree weather from stop the press box. Somebody is gonna have to make some room for us even if I did put on about 5 pounds today!

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Brown said:

I’m guessing only 1 can have video broadcast rights.  

I don't believe that is right.  For example you can view the Beechwood vs. Mayfield game on three different platforms.  I think it comes down to money and approval by the schools involved. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, theguru said:

I don't believe that is right.  For example you can view the Beechwood vs. Mayfield game on three different platforms.  I think it comes down to money and approval by the schools involved. 

I know South Warren/Woodford County is on multiple platforms.  I believe Russellville/Bethlehem are too.  

South Warren vs Woodford is not on NFHS.  I'm trying to get all of this organized the easiest way so I'm not switching between several platforms or whatever. 

There are several games I want it tune into tonight.

2 minutes ago, Killowatt59 said:

I know South Warren/Woodford County is on multiple platforms.  I believe Russellville/Bethlehem are too.  

South Warren vs Woodford is not on NFHS.  I'm trying to get all of this organized the easiest way so I'm not switching between several platforms or whatever. 

There are several games I want it tune into tonight.

Me too, you have to multi-task!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, theguru said:

For the 213th time ever, I stand corrected.

• Haha 1