Open Talk

theguru

On 10/12/2021 at 12:17 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I had Covid last November...yeesh, that sounds like a mess though, man. That absolutely sucks out loud that you've been through all of that.

I was down and out for a solid week, with about 4 days of feeling like absolute 💩 on a stick. I wore down easily and was short of breath for about 2 weeks following that. I'm almost a year out and my sense of smell has improved from where it was - I literally couldn't smell anything from November through about February of this year - but it's definitely not back to where it had been, although everything medicine says is that it should continue to improve incrementally, even if it's super super slow and drawn out. The loss of smell impacts your sense of taste, big time, and I'd say I'm back to having about 2/3 of my sense of smell back, and about 3/4 of my sense of taste back.

Can that act as a new fangled diet plan?🤔

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Dodgers and Giants have a classic going in game 5. Scoreless through 5 innings. Watching these baseball playoffs make it clear once again - put all your money into pitching. The Dodgers are stacked to the max with great hitters and the Giants pitching has been shutting them down.

Dodgers score go ahead run in the top of the 9th then Max Scherzer closes it out for the 2-1 win.

8 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Happy to hear the treatment helped. Wife vaccinated?

Thanks, she is fully vaccinated and I have not dared to wake her yet this morning but I am hopeful that by being fully vaccinated she will feel better this morning when she does wake.  They told us at the hospital that often the fully vaccinated patients feel better after 24 hours and she got the infusion yesterday morning.  It took me 48 hours to start feeling better granted I still dont feel great but I am not nearly as bad as I had been.   

• Like 3

On 10/11/2021 at 6:17 PM, theguru said:

LOL, I think some of you will think I am crazy.

Friend, just because you see something in the sky and you don't know what it is, does not mean it is an actual UFO. 

• Haha 1

Strong Christian man at my church died a couple of days ago. He was diagnosed with cancer in 2015 and, at first, it kicked his butt. He took all the treatments and refused to quit. He beat cancer around 2018 but still went for scans. He got his COVID vaccine last spring, got COVID two weeks ago, and succumbed to the virus Tuesday morning.

He was in his 80s and was dedicated to the church his whole life. I'm doing the funeral on Tuesday, it's going to be a tough one. 

• Sad 1