Open Talk

theguru

Every once in awhile we have an open talk thread in this forum.  Open talk means just that, you can talk about anything in this thread as long as it does not violate our Terms of Service.

What do you want to chat about?  What is on your mind?

I will start, I saw another UFO recently, it was fascinating.  I am sure I will eventually get to the details in this thread.

Open talk, anyone?

10. No gambling, bookmaking or point spread comments are allowed in any of the high school forums. Figures of speech that use gambling terms may not be used in any of the high school forums. All gambling comments are permitted in the non-high school forums as long as they do not involve any high school sports, students, or student-athletes.

• Like 1

I think Georgia's defensive line will handle UK's running game and their back end guys will matchup athletically with Wonderful Wandale. Georgia is the best team I've watched....but that's why we play the games. That odd shaped ball makes funny things happen. On an open thread note ....is it just me or does it seem like as soon as a team stubs their toe fans want to FIRE head coaches, position coaches, and coordinators? I guess that's the result of social media making it easy to do.

1 minute ago, 9068 said:

I think Georgia's defensive line will handle UK's running game and their back end guys will matchup athletically with Wonderful Wandale. Georgia is the best team I've watched....but that's why we play the games. That odd shaped ball makes funny things happen. On an open thread note ....is it just me or does it seem like as soon as a team stubs their toe fans want to FIRE head coaches, position coaches, and coordinators? I guess that's the result of social media making it easy to do.

What specific coaches do you have in mind?

I'd love to see UK beat Georgia and be in the driver's seat for Atlanta.  I've always said it would be great to see UK football play just once for the SEC Championship (and I don't even care if they won the game).  However, even if UK wins the remaining SEC games aren't going to be easy either since Mississippi State and Vandy love to play us close and we still have the Tennessee game.

Still crazy to think that the "worst case" scenario gives this team 9-10 wins.  When Stoops started, lots of fans would've been happy with regular bowl trips.  The fact that we've had a chance at the SEC East twice in recent years speaks volumes about what's he has managed to build here.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, theguru said:

What specific coaches do you have in mind?

Fans down here in SC are going nuts on Clemson OC Tony Elliott. The LSU folks are ready to can Coach O. I bet the Texas faithful are roasting Sark today. The DC at Ohio State and on and on.

• Thanks 1

Just now, 9068 said:

Fans down here in SC are going nuts on Clemson OC Tony Elliott. The LSU folks are ready to can Coach O. I bet the Texas faithful are roasting Sark today. The DC at Ohio State and on and on.

Us Fanatics (Fans) can be very emotional and "social media" certainly adds gas to the fire but to answer your question yes I think "some" are quick to want change.

I want change to the Bengals offense, we are too conservative.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 9068 said:

UK is considered to have the best OLine in the SEC.  I know GA has athletes all over the roster, but I don't think they have faced a physical team like they will this week.  The Wildcats will have to play their best game of the year to even have a shot and I honestly don't think that will be enough!

On your note: the best coaches are ALWAYS those who purchase tickets and watch the games 😁😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FB Head said:

UK is considered to have the best OLine in the SEC.  I know GA has athletes all over the roster, but I don't think they have faced a physical team like they will this week.  The Wildcats will have to play their best game of the year to even have a shot and I honestly don't think that will be enough!

On your note: the best coaches are ALWAYS those who purchase tickets and watch the games 😁😂

I coach pretty good from home. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I really hope the Cats can make it a game.  This is a game I always thought was out of reach.  And it is only from their terrific play of late that they really have a chance in this game.  But the injuries are significant, as they are players that would have made plays to help UK win the game.  I know next man up and all that, but against Georgia, I just don't think it will be enough.

Again:

10. No gambling, bookmaking or point spread comments are allowed in any of the high school forums. Figures of speech that use gambling terms may not be used in any of the high school forums. All gambling comments are permitted in the non-high school forums as long as they do not involve any high school sports, students, or student-athletes.

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Us Fanatics (Fans) can be very emotional and "social media" certainly adds gas to the fire but to answer your question yes I think "some" are quick to want change.

I want change to the Bengals offense, we are too conservative.

Buy the team and tell the coach what you want done lol. Maybe we could call you Jerry Guru. Lol