Open Talk

theguru

35 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

Only chance UK has is if can get the run game going  If you can run the ball you have a chance to beat anyone. 

Probably have to force at least two turnovers. We’ve yet to see their quarterback throw in a tight game situation. A couple turnovers might put them into pressing mode. Having said all that, it will take a Herculean effort mixed with some good torture for Kentucky to be in this game in the fourth quarter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Probably have to force at least two turnovers. We’ve yet to see their quarterback throw in a tight game situation. A couple turnovers might put them into pressing mode. Having said all that, it will take a Herculean effort mixed with some good torture for Kentucky to be in this game in the fourth quarter. 

Wasn't their game with Clemson 10-3 and they scored a pick 6? That's a pretty tight situation to me.

1 hour ago, 9068 said:

Wasn't their game with Clemson 10-3 and they scored a pick 6? That's a pretty tight situation to me.

JT Daniels was the quarterback that night. However, due to Daniels' injury, Stetson Bennett has been under center every game since. His numbers are good, but the competition has been so-so (at least compared to Clemson), and he's not taken a meaningful second half snap in any of the five games.

I caught Covid over the weekend.  How many of you have gone thru this?  My story is a little different than most, I took the Maderna vac. on March 5th but developed a adverse reaction from the vac. about 20 minutes after my first shot.  It caused me to have a cranial pulsey in my right eye.  The doctors treating me decided it would be best to not take the second shot and after it has worn off some to try a different vac.  The pulsey took about 3 months to go away enough to use the eye and 6 months to go back to pretty much normal.  

2 hours ago, Toothpick said:

I caught Covid over the weekend.  How many of you have gone thru this?  My story is a little different than most, I took the Maderna vac. on March 5th but developed a adverse reaction from the vac. about 20 minutes after my first shot.  It caused me to have a cranial pulsey in my right eye.  The doctors treating me decided it would be best to not take the second shot and after it has worn off some to try a different vac.  The pulsey took about 3 months to go away enough to use the eye and 6 months to go back to pretty much normal.  

I am sorry to hear all of that Toothpick.  How are you feeling now?

Just now, Toothpick said:

Rough at the moment, I am getting monoclonal antibody infusion at 1 today.  Hope that brings me out of this.  Some say it does in 24 to 48 hours but I think it can differ with each patient.  I will let you all know as I progress.  

You have to make it through TP so you can see Mayfield beat Beechwood this year. 🙂

2 hours ago, Toothpick said:

I had Covid last November...yeesh, that sounds like a mess though, man. That absolutely sucks out loud that you've been through all of that.

I was down and out for a solid week, with about 4 days of feeling like absolute 💩 on a stick. I wore down easily and was short of breath for about 2 weeks following that. I'm almost a year out and my sense of smell has improved from where it was - I literally couldn't smell anything from November through about February of this year - but it's definitely not back to where it had been, although everything medicine says is that it should continue to improve incrementally, even if it's super super slow and drawn out. The loss of smell impacts your sense of taste, big time, and I'd say I'm back to having about 2/3 of my sense of smell back, and about 3/4 of my sense of taste back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2