Jump to content

BluegrassPreps Class 2A Football Rankings 9/13


Recommended Posts

Class 2A

1. Beechwood vs. 5A #4 Covington Catholic

2. Lexington Christian Academy vs. 4A #4 Lexington Catholic

3. Mayfield vs. 4A Calloway County

4. Danville vs. 5A Atherton

5. Middlesboro at 1A Harlan

6. Hancock County vs. 1A Crittenden County 

7. Murray -- OPEN

8. Somerset at 4A #2 Corbin

9. West Carter vs. 1A #2 Raceland

10. Green County vs. 2A Monroe County

Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks about right. Only thing I would change and this might shock some people here, but I'd take Green, West Carter, and Metcalfe over Somerset right now. I also wouldn't take much stock in the Metcalfe loss to Eminence, they had multiple starters out for that game and played with basically 20 kids the entire night. They had to move a receiver to RB, I believe all three other running backs were out for the game along with multiple starting offensive and defensive linemen. It also looks like it wont matter much at the end of the year, LCA and Beechwood look head and shoulders above everyone else besides maybe Mayfield. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Talk in the other thread was about how 3A was down which it is but you take the first three teams off this list and it is way down I mean Danville, Murray and Somerset come on those teams are not great this season and I understand you have to find 10 but why not move Green higher and rank Metcalfe I would take either one of those two against Somerset. I think sometimes we just keep ranking teams based on name and not performance. Just my two cents.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

The State Champion is going to come from (I rank them in order) LCA, Beechwood or Mayfield. The others are just filler.

Top tier: Beechwood & LCA. 

A step down: Mayfield. 

Three steps down: everyone else!

Mayfield will need some help.  I don't think they can travel 4+ hours and beat either of the top two teams in Semis.  Now, if one of them slips and has to travel down to War Memorial...  they will have a chance.

This week could give us some clarity.  Both top teams are in for good battles this week, respectively. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think LCA is the horse to beat in this race, and this week’s game with Lex Cath will solidify this statement. Beechwood is a nose behind with Mayfield looking for some kind of opening.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with putting LCA in front as they have had statement wins the past two weeks and looking to make it a third.  Beechwood keeps scoring tons of points and seem to have the most potent offense.  Mayfield QB played his best game last week and keeps getting better every game.  That's Mayfield's biggest hurdle to catching the top two.  If he can keep elevating his play that will keep them in the race.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2021 at 7:00 AM, BadaBing said:

I agree with putting LCA in front as they have had statement wins the past two weeks and looking to make it a third.  Beechwood keeps scoring tons of points and seem to have the most potent offense.  Mayfield QB played his best game last week and keeps getting better every game.  That's Mayfield's biggest hurdle to catching the top two.  If he can keep elevating his play that will keep them in the race.  

Beechwood is the defending champ and they beat LCA in the title game. Beechwood should stay number one till they lose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Beechwood is the defending champ and they beat LCA in the title game. Beechwood should stay number one till they lose.

Well, I am not sure I agree.  Suppose LCA is much more impressive against LexCath than Beechwood is against CovCath?  Also, if LCA and Male were to play each other that would DEFINITELY alter my opinion if the game was highly competitive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, theguru said:

Well, I am not sure I agree.  Suppose LCA is much more impressive against LexCath than Beechwood is against CovCath?  Also, if LCA and Male were to play each other that would DEFINITELY alter my opinion if the game was highly competitive. 

Are they playing each other? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

LCA was a missed field goal by .25 inch from winning last year in regulation lol. 

I still maintain LCA was better last year and they would have won 6 or 7 out of 10 but the Tigers won the one game that mattered. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.