BluegrassPreps Class 2A Football Rankings 9/13

TheDeuce

I disagree with most I think LCA is top 10 in the state but I think Beechwood is better and I think if they played 10 times Beechwood would win 7 of those. Fortunately for us they play a true playoff system to an extent in Kentucky high school football so eventually we will probably find out who is better, that day anyway.

4 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Beechwood is the defending champ and they beat LCA in the title game. Beechwood should stay number one till they lose.

I know that's usually how it goes.  Beechwood may very well be the better team.  I just think LCA gets the nod with their strength of schedule compared to Beechwood.  Comparing scores doesn't always tell the story, but LCA has Lex Cath this week, who beat Cov Cath earlier in the year, and that's who Beechwood has.  Those outcomes might give us more insight.  HUGE Friday coming up for the top two.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, theguru said:

Well, I am not sure I agree.  Suppose LCA is much more impressive against LexCath than Beechwood is against CovCath?  Also, if LCA and Male were to play each other that would DEFINITELY alter my opinion if the game was highly competitive. 

5 hours ago, BadaBing said:

I know that's usually how it goes.  Beechwood may very well be the better team.  I just think LCA gets the nod with their strength of schedule compared to Beechwood.  Comparing scores doesn't always tell the story, but LCA has Lex Cath this week, who beat Cov Cath earlier in the year, and that's who Beechwood has.  Those outcomes might give us more insight.  HUGE Friday coming up for the top two.

Yes, this Friday will give us good comparisons but I still say Beechwood is #1 if they win versus CCH. Both teams brought almost everyone back from last year and Beechwood won last year. It doesn't matter how they won, they won head to head. It takes a lot for LCA to overcome that in the rankings IMO.

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

Yes, this Friday will give us good comparisons but I still say Beechwood is #1 if they win versus CCH. Both teams brought almost everyone back from last year and Beechwood won last year. It doesn't matter how they won, they won head to head. It takes a lot for LCA to overcome that in the rankings IMO.

What if Beechwood wins in a thriller and LCA mostly dominates?

I will play devils advocate here and hope of of the two stumbles...  just being a bit greedy!  I would love for one of these two teams travel to Western KY in late November so I can get a live view of them. 

Also,  what if they both lose (just a question)?? Would that put Mayfield @ #1, RPI wise, and have these two in the Semis? 

9 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I think Beechwood is still #1. I have seen way too many compare opponents and scores scenarios that make little sense to overlook the head to head result.

I don't disagree with having Beechwood over LCA.  However, you do realize that if the goal posts in the finals last year were high school regulation and not college regulation LCA would have won?  Head to head isn't everything, especially if the game was played in a prior year and came down to an inch.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, teeroy said:

I don't disagree with having Beechwood over LCA.  However, you do realize that if the goal posts in the finals last year were high school regulation and not college regulation LCA would have won?  Head to head isn't everything, especially if the game was played in a prior year and came down to an inch.

You do realize that Beechwood’s kicker split those same college uprights on his kick to send the game to Overtime? Beechwood won, LCA lost, 2020 is over, and it’s 2021, stop with the excuses and move on. We can only hope they get to play again this year. It would be a helluva game between two great teams.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, teeroy said:

How long have these Championships games been played at College Stadiums? That’s always an adjustment that both teams have to make. It shouldn’t be an excuse. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 2:03 AM, theguru said:

What if Beechwood wins in a thriller and LCA mostly dominates?

On 9/16/2021 at 2:06 AM, Voice of Reason said:

I think Beechwood is still #1. I have seen way too many compare opponents and scores scenarios that make little sense to overlook the head to head result.

Impressive wins by Beechwood and LCA. I still say Beechwood should be #1 in 2A.