4. Covington Catholic at 3A #5 Belfry

5. Highlands at 6A Simon Kenton 

6. Pulaski County at 4A Wayne County 

7. Bowling Green at 6A McCracken County 

8. Southwestern at West Jessamine 

9. Woodford County at 6A Campbell County 

10. Scott County at 6A Lafayette

3 hours ago, bluecolonels95 said:

Looks good but I would flip flop Cov cath and Highlands. Highlands had a quality win. CovCath played a tougher opponent but also looked flat on offense. We will see what things look like after a few more games. Hard to judge after week 1. 

No no no. Don’t make the Colonels a underdog. Cov Cath should stay above Highlands until they either play and Highlands wins.  or if Cov Cath loses to a “mortal” team and Highlands stays undefeated. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I was in attendance at the Rafferty's Bowl and watched both games. The best overall team was Highlands. Their physicality, energy and ability to swarm to the ball carrier was impressive. They never let BG get into any kind of rhythm. Highlands also beat Bowling Green without their starting QB, impressive.  While South Warren has a great defense, they struggle at times moving the ball. I would put Highland in the top 5 right now but I believe they can compete with anyone in 5A including Covington Catholic, Owensboro, and Frederick Douglass, and South Warren. 

Just now, Hardin County Preps said:

I was in attendance at the Rafferty's Bowl and watched both games. The best overall team was Highlands. Their physicality, energy and ability to swarm to the ball carrier was impressive. They never let BG get into any kind of rhythm. Highlands also beat Bowling Green without their starting QB, impressive.  While South Warren has a great defense, they struggle at times moving the ball. I would put Highland in the top 5 right now but I believe they can compete with anyone in 5A including Covington Catholic, Owensboro, and Frederick Douglass, and South Warren. 

Interesting take, thanks for adding it.

46 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

No no no. Don’t make the Colonels a underdog. Cov Cath should stay above Highlands until they either play and Highlands wins.  or if Cov Cath loses to a “mortal” team and Highlands stays undefeated. 

I had an almost exact opposite take when I saw this...I like seeing the Colonels ranked lower early to give the players some fire to motivate them.

Loss in the opening game of the season. Birds are ranked higher. I'd like to think that would light a fire in anyone at 1600 Dixie Highway.

49 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I had an almost exact opposite take when I saw this...I like seeing the Colonels ranked lower early to give the players some fire to motivate them.

Loss in the opening game of the season. Birds are ranked higher. I'd like to think that would light a fire in anyone at 1600 Dixie Highway.

That’s why I want Highlands ranked below them. Haha. Not that the Birds need any motivation. 

OK I think I’ve found a worse poll than Troys top 30 - the homers radio team in Owensboro have this as the Top 5 in the area after week 1:

1. Daviess 

2 Owensboro

3 Apollo....

Ill just end it there. 😆

In the past 3 years Owensboro lost 3 times to KY teams (Freddie, BG and X).

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Brown said:

OK I think I’ve found a worse poll than Troys top 30 - @ApolloFan98and the homers radio team in Owensboro have this as the Top 5 in the area after week 1:

1. Daviess 

2 Owensboro

3 Apollo....

Ill just end it there. 😆

In the past 3 years Owensboro lost 3 times to KY teams (Freddie, BG and X).

Gotcha talking though! 😉 

2 hours ago, El Diablo said:

This is exactly how I feel, as well. With the way the series has gone between the two over the last several years, Highlands needs a head to head win or a legitimate stumble from CovCath to move ahead of the Colonels in the polls.