BluegrassPreps Class 5A Football Rankings 8/23

TheDeuce

19 hours ago, teeroy said:

Rough first week for BGHS. Who saw that coming?

Anyone associated with the program could see this coming, if they were honest with themselves. When you only return 2 starters on offense, an offensive lineman and a receiver, it wasn't all that surprising. Last season Covid limited JV and freshman games, and BG's schedule hasn't really allowed for backups to get significant minutes. BG faithful have to realize the depth and experience just isn't there as it has been in the past. It's a true re-building year. There will be more bumps in the road this season. 

7 hours ago, bernies said:

Anyone associated with the program could see this coming, if they were honest with themselves. When you only return 2 starters on offense, an offensive lineman and a receiver, it wasn't all that surprising. Last season Covid limited JV and freshman games, and BG's schedule hasn't really allowed for backups to get significant minutes. BG faithful have to realize the depth and experience just isn't there as it has been in the past. It's a true re-building year. There will be more bumps in the road this season. 

You should have seen all the grief people gave me for ranking BG “too low” at #14 in the preseason rankings. Not sure why so many people thought I had them too low.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, teeroy said:

You should have seen all the grief people gave me for ranking BG “too low” at #14 in the preseason rankings. Not sure why so many people thought I had them too low.

Certainly spurred debate and some publicity better than no publicity.