Finally, a Guru Guess Who for a free hat!

theguru

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by theguru

Here is how the Guru Guess Who will work. I am in the below picture, you have to tell everyone which one is me and why you think it is me (or you can tell why the other four are not me). The funniest response will win a free hat or visor. You can beat up on me (and my buddies in the picture) all you want I just ask that you keep it decent.:banana:

If you have met me or know who I am I just ask that you don't give it away or guess. You can make a funny comment if you like just don't give it away to everyone else.

Have at it!

guruphoto.gif

Little did Guru and the Cheese Graters know that their first gig as a headlining band would also be their last.

The above photo, taken just before the 1986 Beechwood homecoming football game. G and the CGs were to play the national anthem before hte game and the annual sock hop that followed.

Their mistake was wearing old practice uniforms for their stage costumes.

"Uniforms worked for the village people," the Guru said the next day. "We were all set for our big day. We had all just gotten new hair cuts and learned our fourth and final cord.

"This picture was the lineup as we were going to be on stage. Tito (57) was on synthesizer, Slick Stewart Jones (10) was playing accordian, Wild Will Westenhopper (66) was on drums and Little Davey (4) played guitar. And me, well, I was in the middle. Where the lead singer belongs."

The trouble began when when the Beechwood coaches mistook Guru and Cheese Graters for actual players as the game kicked off.

"I don't know how they could make such a mistake," Slick Stewart said from a stretcher after the game, "I mean LOOK at us."

By the time the dust had cleared every member of the bad except the Guru has too badly injured to play.

Since the Guru didn't know hot to play any of the musical instruments, he decided to give up the band and devote his efforts full time to football.

He became a kicker.

The end :D

Ah, the '80s. I bet these guys all had mullets a few years earlier. :laugh:

They probably all piled into a rusty Camaro after this picture was taken, arguing over who held the highest Space Invaders score, while pumping their fists to the sounds of Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train" blaring from a sloppily-installed Audiovox. :ylsuper:

First off my guess is #10. He looks like he enjoyed many hours of "pong" as a child. These guys look like the rejects that didn't get picked in the movie Super Troopers. You all keep talking about some football game they were playing, WEST is the direction they were facing to take the picture, this was the only way the photographer could get these "scholar athletes" to face all in the same direction :flame: Guru #10, lol!!!

I personally think that this is a picture of the cast of the movie the Karate Kid.

This was taken shortly after the Cobra Kai Dojo was shut down and all the members of the Dojo were forced to find another activity that allowed them to beat up on innoncent children that moved into the area ( in this case the Fort Mitchell Area). # 4 is the Guru a.ka. Ralph Macchio ( Danial Larusso). I can just see the Guru now riding his bike around Fort Mitchell with that wind tunnel hair listening to Cruel Summer by Bananna Rama....

What a time it must have been

THERE WILL BE NO LAUGHING IN THIS KARATE DOJO,

THERE WILL BE NO TALKING IN THIS KARATE DOJO,

STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD , SHOW NO MERCY !!!!

I've met GURU but I don't see a fat, bald dude in that picture. Just kidding....really...don't suspend me.

Maybe this is a trick question. I think you are the guy who took the picture.

No, you didn't take the picture. You're the guy trying to figure out how to charge the others for the picture. And to think, it only took you 17 years.

Seriously, you should have made this a brainteaser: If a 6th player were added to the picture, what number would his jersey be? 4...10...57...66...84...????

Where is Math when you need him?

The guru is #84. The receding hairline, resembling that of his avatar, is beginning to make its move.

Originally the photographer requested that these guys wear their helmets to hide their faces, but after fixing their hair for the pic the jaw pads couldn't get past their ears.

These ex-football players are saving their white shoes and high socks for a possible remake of Saturday Night Fever.;)

I've seen this picture before....it's a publicity photo from the early days of the old great TV series CHiPS.

Ponch and Jon are up front, behind them are Grossman, Bear, and Gertraire. this was pre-game photo just prior to their flag game with the ladies. I think you can just make out the 1979 trans am in the background...and yes it is equipped with a Kraco 8-Track player, and disco light air freshener dangling from the rearview mirror. Thank good ness they took the pic in their uniforms instaed of their terry cloth half shirts, short shorts, and striped knee socks.

By the way Guru I think you are jon(front left)