2021 NKY Frosh Football Scores & Rankings

29 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Pleading ignorance here, but when did they stop fielding one? ...I didn't realized they had stopped. I know there was a Cov Cath vs. Dixie freshman game as recently as 2017.

They've been fielding a "froshmore" team the past few years.  I'm not sure the last time they had a true freshman team, but it may have been 2017.

On 7/14/2021 at 3:16 PM, The Oracle said:

HHSFrosh.thumb.jpg.a5f7f5b9cf6b5fee7454c9631ce47420.jpg

This is the correct schedule. Highlands isn't playing in the NKY Frosh classic anymore. Someone scheduled the Frosh to play on the 21st with the Varsity in Bowling Green on the 21st. Coach Sphire nixed that and Highlands was able to pick McNicholas back up on the 26th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/14/2021 at 3:01 PM, The Oracle said:

Ryle Freshman

8/21 at Miamisburg 1pm
8/30 at Conner 6pm
9/9 at Boone Co 6pm
9/15 vs. Beechwood 6pm
9/23 vs. Dixie 6pm
9/30 at Cooper 6pm
10/7 vs. Campbell Co 6pm
10/14 at Simon Kenton 6pm
10/21 vs. Highlands 6pm
10/28 at CovCath

Ryle plays Oldham County at home on Aug 13. I'm gonna edit that into your post @The Oracle.

I know it's early, but is there any idea as to who will be the teams to watch this year.  I've heard Beechwood, Campbell Co. and Ryle are supposed to be really good but haven't heard about Cov Cath or Highlands.  Any insight?

7 minutes ago, UKato91 said:

I know it's early, but is there any idea as to who will be the teams to watch this year.  I've heard Beechwood, Campbell Co. and Ryle are supposed to be really good but haven't heard about Cov Cath or Highlands.  Any insight?

Cooper should be pretty good.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, UKato91 said:

I have been told that Highlands should be really good this year and next.

• Like 1

At the Ryle Freshman 7 on 7:

Cooper

Campbell County

Simon Kenton

Cov Cath

Highlands

all had well over 30 players there.  Concerning was Ryle numbers of only about 19-20.  Have they pulled in more players?

2 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

I have been told that Highlands should be really good this year and next.

No telling until they get out there, but both Highlands 8th grade teams made the playoffs in their division of the NKMSAA last year. One of the two won it. I believe they were the only split squad school at the 8th grade level. Combined, no one would have given them a game. 

2 hours ago, BubbyKY said:

At the Ryle Freshman 7 on 7:

Cooper

Campbell County

Simon Kenton

Cov Cath

Highlands

all had well over 30 players there.  Concerning was Ryle numbers of only about 19-20.  Have they pulled in more players?

Ryle has a small freshmen team this season the group had small numbers all the way through. The 8th grade team has around 50 players so good numbers to follow up and that team won the middle school state title as 7th graders actually both groups did so there is talent at the freshman level and coming up next year. Strengths for this freshman class will be line play and defense plus two super receivers one is already 6'3". Just need to stay healthy as depth will be a concern. 

• Thanks 1

Beechwood Freshman

8/25 at Boone County

9/1 Lawrenceburg, IN

9/8 Simon Kenton

9/15 at Ryle

9/23 Highlands

9/30 Dixie Heights

10/7 CCH

10/14 at Cooper

10/21 Roger Bacon

10/28 Campbell County 

This is the largest team they’ve ever had, with close to 40 kids on the roster.  Should be a really good group

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gbballfan21 said:

Beechwood Freshman

8/25 at Boone County

9/1 Lawrenceburg, IN

9/8 Simon Kenton

9/15 at Ryle

9/23 Highlands

9/30 Dixie Heights

10/7 CCH

10/14 at Cooper

10/21 Roger Bacon

10/28 Campbell County 

This is the largest team they’ve ever had, with close to 40 kids on the roster.  Should be a really good group

That is a very strong Frosh schedule for a 2A school. 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 10:17 AM, UKato91 said:

Beechwood I am also hearing has a few Freshmen driving to the practices.  Not sure if that’s rumor or real but that should make them pretty strong.  This class at Campbell has always been pretty good in the league they have played in.  I read on here Ryle only has 18 or 20.   Most of there kids transferred to Beechwood. However Highlands has some big boys on their freshman team and we’re really good last year.