2021 NKY Frosh Football Scores & Rankings

On 8/4/2021 at 10:17 AM, UKato91 said:

I know it's early, but is there any idea as to who will be the teams to watch this year.  I've heard Beechwood, Campbell Co. and Ryle are supposed to be really good but haven't heard about Cov Cath or Highlands.  Any insight?

I’m withholding judgment until I hopefully watch CCH play on the video stream this year, but I’m pretty sure the 8th grade team last year was winless in Cincy D1.  The GCYL is a tough league, but it’s not like you’re in the SEC. You should at least win a couple games. 

Worst case scenario, we get a couple contributors from this class since they are sandwiched between 2 pretty good ones from what I hear on the younger one. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YOUTH2019 said:

Beechwood I am also hearing has a few Freshmen driving to the practices.  Not sure if that’s rumor or real but that should make them pretty strong.  This class at Campbell has always been pretty good in the league they have played in.  I read on here Ryle only has 18 or 20.   Most of there kids transferred to Beechwood. However Highlands has some big boys on their freshman team and we’re really good last year. 

3 Ryle freshmen transferred to Beechwood - 1 QB and 2 WRs. These weren't issues with Ryle as a program but thought out family reasons for the three players to make a move. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ukat1 said:

3 Ryle freshmen transferred to Beechwood - 1 QB and 2 WRs. These weren't issues with Ryle as a program but thought out family reasons for the three players to make a move. 

Are they Ft. Mitchell residents or are they paying to attend Beechwood?  I am hearing Beechwood has accepted a couple of incoming 8th graders whom are good athletes, but will not be living in Ft. Mitchell and paying tuition? 

1 minute ago, bjknku02 said:

Are they Ft. Mitchell residents or are they paying to attend Beechwood?  I am hearing Beechwood has accepted a couple of incoming 8th graders whom are good athletes, but will not be living in Ft. Mitchell and paying tuition? 

Not sure whether or not they are, but there's not a thing wrong with that. Beechwood - and quite a few other public schools that don't keep their heads stuck up their rear ends - have long benefitted from allowing out-of-district kids to come in as tuition students.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Not sure whether or not they are, but there's not a thing wrong with that. Beechwood - and quite a few other public schools that don't keep their heads stuck up their rear ends - have long benefitted from allowing out-of-district kids to come in as tuition students.

Amen to that! Nothing wrong with creating a product/service so attractive that people are willing to pay more for it! If people don’t like it, get better and improve your product. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bjknku02 said:

In KY, you can go to any high school you want unless the school district puts in their own rule to restrict it. A player could live in Covington and take a helicopter every day to attend Belfry. 

• Like 2

On 8/4/2021 at 12:34 PM, TyroneBigsby said:

No telling until they get out there, but both Highlands 8th grade teams made the playoffs in their division of the NKMSAA last year. One of the two won it. I believe they were the only split squad school at the 8th grade level. Combined, no one would have given them a game. 

Neither one won it and both lost to Covcath with HHS Blue losing to Covcath in the Championship game to the Colonels. Woe won’t know Haire good the 8th graders will truly be until they are Freshman, but all signs point to an excellent Freshman class in 2022.

18 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I never said there was a thing wrong with it, but tell that to the kids that got turned away because they weren’t superior athletes!  I know one and they were not very happy about it.

9 hours ago, Weasbird91 said:

Neither one won it and both lost to Covcath with HHS Blue losing to Covcath in the Championship game to the Colonels. Woe won’t know Haire good the 8th graders will truly be until they are Freshman, but all signs point to an excellent Freshman class in 2022.

I was referring to last year’s 8th grade teams, the current freshmen. Yes, both 7th grade teams lost to CovCath’s single 35 player team. Agreed we won’t know about that class for another year. As Highlands is again splitting the class to maximize playing time. And they will be in the Medium School Division. CovCath is playing in the Small School Division, according to the NKMSAA website. That’s a bit of a head scratcher. 

Just now, Lions Paw said:

How the the HHS freshman look against Male?

Unfortunately, it was pretty sloppy and the frosh Birds were overmatched. A lot of mental errors and lack of attention to detail. Good thing is those mental errors and detail issues should be easy things to fix with time. Playing NKY competition and not Male will always help as well. There is definitely some talent in this freshman class; hopefully it gets utilized well. 

21 hours ago, bjknku02 said:

They are paying tuition all three that were at Ryle are good athletes who should help Beechwood over the next few years definitely plus adds. 

1 hour ago, TyroneBigsby said:

I was referring to last year’s 8th grade teams, the current freshmen. Yes, both 7th grade teams lost to CovCath’s single 35 player team. Agreed we won’t know about that class for another year. As Highlands is again splitting the class to maximize playing time. And they will be in the Medium School Division. CovCath is playing in the Small School Division, according to the NKMSAA website. That’s a bit of a head scratcher. 

Yes, I have an 8th grade HHS player and they have a lot talent and will definitely hold their own against anybody in NKY this year and Next.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bjknku02 said:

I never said there was a thing wrong with it, but tell that to the kids that got turned away because they weren’t superior athletes!  I know one and they were not very happy about it.

Turned away? At Beechwood? Told they weren't superior athletes? None of that ever happens at Beechwood. Perhaps elsewhere but not at Beechwood.

Good point ...I guess people don't realize that out of district kids have to pass a pretty stringent academic test before they are accepted as a student (and before they take the tuition payment) It is a lot easier to present part of the story than the full story --which is disingenuous at best, and a flat out lie at best.

Beechwood does thing right. If you want to get in as a tuition student --- you better be able to pass the entrance test. I have never seen or even heard of Beechwood turning away a student who couldn't pass the admissions test. If they did (which I haven't seen in 22 years)...it was done first come first serve -- athletics didn't have anything to do with it. Draw any conclusions you want from there. 

Edited by gbballfan21
Incomplete thought