2021 NKY Frosh Football Scores & Rankings

1 minute ago, The Oracle said:

Could ACTUALLY be for academic reasons? (Shocking premise, I know.)

Maybe as an undersized freshman he wanted another year to develop physically?

Maybe he was bummed because he wanted to play QB and BW had their starting QB repeat his senior year and mess up the pecking order underneath?

👍🏽 Sure 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Oracle said:

Could ACTUALLY be for academic reasons? (Shocking premise, I know.)

Maybe as an undersized freshman he wanted another year to develop physically?

Maybe he was bummed because he wanted to play QB and BW had their starting QB repeat his senior year and mess up the pecking order underneath?

It’s not for academic reasons. Let’s not be naive. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Beechwood definitely should be one of the better freshman teams in the area this year.  I know the Beechwood program as a whole had a decent amount of players reclassify in the program. Im not sure if it is true or not but I thought I heard someone say Beechwood had some freshman from last year also reclassify, and are playing freshman again. So either way the future is definitely going to continue to be bright for Beechwood for many years. 

Beechwood had 3 freshmen reclassify.  One has since decided not to play football this year due to some nagging injuries.  One of the other 2 was very young for his grade and his parents had been thinking about holding him back a year even before Covid ever hit.  So the new rule was a no-brainer for them.  I saw another silly comment suggesting Beechwood "has multiple freshmen driving to practice."  I can absolutely assure you that is not true.  It's kind of funny (and sad) how these rumors get started.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TyroneBigsby said:

It’s not for academic reasons. Let’s not be naive. 

It’s just the double standard. I’m a public & private school person. How about the other side of this argument? The kids who have to play against 5th year players? 

• Like 2

Any mention, discussion, and media regarding politics or political figures is expressly prohibited on BluegrassPreps. This includes, but is not limited to the mention or names of any elected or publicly appointed officials, both domestic and foreign, by name, title, or by the offices held (e.g. - president, governor, chancellor, mayor, minister, senator, congressman, commissioner, attorney general, county clerk, magistrate, Beshear, Clinton, Lincoln, Merkel, Obama, Putin, Reagan, Roosevelt, Trudeau, Trump, etc). Any direct references or inferences to political terminology and activities, (e.g. - government, Democrat, Republican, GOP, conservative, liberal, campaign, lobby, legislature, filibuster, caucus, etc) and anything else deemed political in nature by the BGP staff is also prohibited from the site. Likewise, this also includes 3rd party links to articles that are political in name or in nature. Additionally, the use of names/nicknames deemed by the BGP staff as references to political figures (e.g. - Andy, Donald, Tricky Dick, Slick Willy) will not be permitted on BluegrassPreps.

Keeping in mind BGP's core purpose as a sports-discussion community, discussion of the the managing bodies specifically serving over high school, college, amateur, and professional sports leagues (KHSAA, NCAA, IOC, MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL et al), along with the officers, officials and the titles held by the individuals within those organizations is permitted on BGP. Similarly, high school and college/university administrators and officials, when discussed in a strictly non-political manner, are all permissible on BGP.

Archbishop McNicholas(OH) 34 Highlands(Ky) 18

Highlands tied it at 18 all with roughly 3:00 to go in the game. McNicholas drove the field and scored and went for 2 and converted. Next series McNicholas picked up a Fumble and ran it in for a TD. 2 point good. This game was played at McNicholas who has a Lighting ordinance. Lights were not able to be turned on and it got pretty Dark there towards the end. McNicholas played pretty sound football. Highlands has to clean up their Line play.

• Thanks 1

This Cov. Cath. team is going to be pretty good. CCH was winning at halftime 12-0 on a pick 6 and a nice drive by the offense, resulting in a touch down pass in the corner of the end zone from Jackson Reardon to Oliver Link.  I was most impressed with the defensive.  The defense looked really good with interceptions and sacks at critical times of the game.  This team is much better than most are giving credit.  They went win less in the upper division of the GCYL last year but only had a few practices before they had their first game because of covid restrictions. The OH schools had been practicing for weeks. They also had a lot of first year players who were good athletes but lacked football game experience.   I look for these guys to be one of the top teams in NKY.

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, UKato91 said:

This Cov. Cath. team is going to be pretty good. CCH was winning at halftime 12-0 on a pick 6 and a nice drive by the offense, resulting in a touch down pass in the corner of the end zone from Jackson Reardon to Oliver Link.  I was most impressed with the defensive.  The defense looked really good with interceptions and sacks at critical times of the game.  This team is much better than most are giving credit.  They went win less in the upper division of the GCYL last year but only had a few practices before they had their first game because of covid restrictions. The OH schools had been practicing for weeks. They also had a lot of first year players who were good athletes but lacked football game experience.   I look for these guys to be one of the top teams in NKY.

There is no doubt in my mind that Coach Shafii will have them playing well. That dude can flat out coach. 

12 hours ago, BirdDaddy said:

Archbishop McNicholas(OH) 34 Highlands(Ky) 18

Highlands tied it at 18 all with roughly 3:00 to go in the game. McNicholas drove the field and scored and went for 2 and converted. Next series McNicholas picked up a Fumble and ran it in for a TD. 2 point good. This game was played at McNicholas who has a Lighting ordinance. Lights were not able to be turned on and it got pretty Dark there towards the end. McNicholas played pretty sound football. Highlands has to clean up their Line play.

Giving up 34 points during a game with 8 minute quarters. Sounds like they have more to cleanup than their line play. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 9:26 PM, Lady RedDog said:

Giving up 34 points during a game with 8 minute quarters. Sounds like they have more to cleanup than their line play. 

Yep you're right. Many areas need improvements on both sides of the ball but it starts up front on Offense. Welcome to BGP Lady RD.

• Thanks 1