April 19, 20215 yr 35 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said: No. I would rank Dunn around #10. Bruce would probably be around #20. I do place very high value on OPS, and more than most other people on the on base percentage part of that even more than the slugging. That is why I rank Dunn so high. Dunn's OBP is higher than Pete Rose. I've tried to think of the big name players starting in the 60's and on up. (This is obviously going to leave out some guys like Kluszewski, Lombardi, Roush, Bell, Post, etc.) I'd really have to do some soul searching on each of these guys, but my initial impression is that Dunn wouldn't be in my top 10. Johnny Bench Jay Bruce Sean Casey Dave Concepcion Eric Davis Dan Driessen Adam Dunn George Foster Ken Griffey Jr. Ken Griffey Sr. Austin Kearns Barry Larkin Lee May Joe Morgan Hal Morris Ron Oester Tony Perez Brandon Phillips Vada Pinson Frank Robinson Pete Rose Chris Sabo Reggie Sanders Joey Votto Dmitri Young
April 19, 20215 yr 2 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said: I've tried to think of the big name players starting in the 60's and on up. (This is obviously going to leave out some guys like Kluszewski, Lombardi, Roush, Bell, Post, etc.) I'd really have to do some soul searching on each of these guys, but my initial impression is that Dunn wouldn't be in my top 10. Johnny Bench Jay Bruce Sean Casey Dave Concepcion Eric Davis Dan Driessen Adam Dunn George Foster Ken Griffey Jr. Ken Griffey Sr. Austin Kearns Barry Larkin Lee May Joe Morgan Hal Morris Ron Oester Tony Perez Brandon Phillips Vada Pinson Frank Robinson Pete Rose Chris Sabo Reggie Sanders Joey Votto Dmitri Young Here is a link to top Reds all time offensive WAR: https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CIN/leaders_bat_50.shtml Dunn is #19 and Bruce is #43.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.