Kentucky Basketball 2021/22

29 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Looking way more likely that Carr might be coming to UK then.

Yep! Plus I bet Cal was probably honest with him about it too, and how he is going to try to get as good of guards as he could get and it would be hard for Askew. 

Honestly I think UCLA would be a good spot for him. 

Good luck to Askew. Cal has continued to recruit guards. I’m sure he saw the writing on the wall. I would have liked to see him stay and compete for one more year. He’s young. 

Have we had more kids from the West Coast transfer than we’ve had stay in the last ten years ?

I think Askew will develop into a quality college basketball player. Best of luck to him.

The transfer portal is up to 1,200 now. The average will be around four transfers per team (already well over three), once the dust settles and the portal window closes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bugatti said:

I think Askew will develop into a quality college basketball player. Best of luck to him.

The transfer portal is up to 1,200 now. The average will be around four transfers per team (already well over three), once the dust settles and the portal window closes. 

I agree I think Askew will end up being a very good college basketball player. I truly believe UCLA could be a great spot for him. He is a tough kid, and would be a good match for Cronin IMO. 

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

I agree I think Askew will end up being a very good college basketball player. I truly believe UCLA could be a great spot for him. He is a tough kid, and would be a good match for Cronin IMO. 

To me a perfect spot would be a school like NKU, just doesn't have the size for a high level school.

• Like 1

I have no problem with Askew's effort.    Because of that he might develop into a good, not great,  guard in a year or two.   My problem with him this year is that he just never got anything done..........he didn't seem to know what to do.    

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, tcjkbt said:

I have no problem with Askew's effort.    Because of that he might develop into a good, not great,  guard in a year or two.   My problem with him this year is that he just never got anything done..........he didn't seem to know what to do.    

That’s on CAL. Kid should have been a backup at most. Mintz should have started point all season and probably KY doesn’t have a 9-16 record. 

• Like 2

Ok, which means he is 6'1" at most.  He got abused all year long and you could see he was not going to cut it from the first game.  Not his fault, totally on Cal for putting all his eggs in Askew basket.  Just like Quade Green several years ago, he is not a high level D-I guard.  I believe a perfect place for him is a school like NKU.  He can go to UCLA, with the year they had, the kid will be the 12th man on that team the next 3 years.  They are going to be loaded from here on out, Mick can coach and recruit.  Calipari has to have a dominant guard for his teams to go anywhere and Askew was never going to be that, hence the reason I am sure he was told or saw the writing on the wall.