Kentucky Basketball 2021/22

16 minutes ago, All State Baseball said:

Can the Cats get back on track next season?

Roster/Recruiting?

Schedule?

11/9 vs. Duke (State Farm Champions Classic)

12/4 at Michigan

12/11 vs. Notre Dame (Location TBA)

12/18 vs. North Carolina (CBS Sports Classic)

I'm guessing Louisville will also be on it. Big 12/SEC Classic.

Are they still going to play UNC for the CBS Classic? I know they were suppose to play UCLA this year, and they switched it to UNC because of Covid rules. So I was assuming they would play UCLA next year for it, since they didn’t play this year. Rather than having the same two teams play again for it. 

Just now, futurecoach said:

Are they still going to play UNC for the CBS Classic? I know they were suppose to play UCLA this year, and they switched it to UNC because of Covid rules. So I was assuming they would play UCLA next year for it, since they didn’t play this year. Rather than having the same two teams play again for it. 

That came straight from UK Athletics website for the 21/22 season.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, All State Baseball said:

That came straight from UK Athletics website for the 21/22 season.

I know they were suppose to play UNC based off the normal rotation of this event. However, I wouldn’t be surprised to see it come out eventually that it will be changed to UCLA at some point. 

My primary concern is the Point Guard position.  I sincerely hope that Devin Askew proves me wrong about his ability to be a lead guard on a contending team.  My secondary concern is that the incoming recruiting class, at least thus far, doesn't seem to consist of world-beaters.  I feel like Cal is going to raid the Transfer Portal more than ever.

I am looking forward to seeing how Lance Ware develops.  I think he has good instincts and the makings of a solid big man.  I am looking forward to seeing how Dontaie develops, because I know his work ethic is incredible and can't wait to see his improvement.  Grateful that Keion Brooks is back.  He will be a really good leader for this team next year.  Jacob Toppin showed some promise this year too, so here's to hoping he progresses.  And I am very optimistic that Oscar Tshiebwe will add an element of toughness that this year's team just didn't have outside of Mintz.

• Like 2

The Big kid from North Carolina that entered the portal yesterday Kessler I believe. Anyway theirs buzz He and Justin Powell are a package deal wanting to play together at KY hopefully. SEC has to change the rule about sitting out a year in conference soon.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 9:51 PM, 16thBBall Fan said:

I would say in the SEC/Big 12 challenge they will play either Kansas, Baylor, or WVU.

I'm not sure it can be Baylor. They typically have a home game when Kentucky has a road game and vice versa. Of course that can probably all be manipulated but I suspect they like to keep teams locked into home or away for offseason ticket selling reasons.

1 hour ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Ware 

Allen

Askew

WVA transfer Oscar can’t spell last name

Collins 

Hopkins

Hickman

Waiting on Mintz Toppin and Brooks decisions. So anywhere from 3 to 6 scholarships open.

I thought Brooks or his Dad said he'd be back.  Is that right?