Is Steve Lickert the Right Coach for Newport Central Catholic

BirdDaddy

The reason I bring this up is because of his recent Application rejection at Highlands. Some feel that it was his to lose and others I have heard on the street say that it’s still too big of a Job for him. His bitterness on Social media in the last couple of days makes me wonder if he should even lead a Pop Warner team. I wonder if he’s looking for his erase button right now. I personally don’t have a Axe to grind with him but his recent antics is a head scratcher to me. Who cares if you didn’t get the job. Now you will never get the Job let alone work in the FTIS system. I thought that was your end Goal. To work in the town you live in. I guess not. Good Luck Steve.

16 minutes ago, BirdDaddy said:

The reason I bring this up is because of his recent Application rejection at Highlands. Some feel that it was his to lose and others I have heard on the street say that it’s still too big of a Job for him. His bitterness on Social media in the last couple of days makes me wonder if he should even lead a Pop Warner team. I wonder if he’s looking for his erase button right now. I personally don’t have a Axe to grind with him but his recent antics is a head scratcher to me. Who cares if you didn’t get the job. Now you will never get the Job let alone work in the FTIS system. I thought that was your end Goal. To work in the town you live in. I guess not. Good Luck Steve.

You must have access to something the rest of us don't.

7 minutes ago, IcingTheKicker said:

You must have access to something the rest of us don't.

24 minutes ago, BirdDaddy said:

It must make you feel good about yourself to sit behind a made up name and anonomously talk trash about a person!  Sad!

• Like 6

I like Steve. I think he has done quite well everywhere he has been. And honestly, I figured eventually he would have gotten the Highlands job. If not this time around, then next. He’s only like 40’s right? Plenty of time left to coach at your alma mater. But it is a bad look to go on social media and make comments and hit the “like” button on a retweet of when Highlands BB loses to St Henry. I know heat of the moment but cmon man. #bebetter. Best of luck to Steve up on the hill. I guess what he should be worried more about instead of HHS BB is if any of his coaches apply for assistants for the new Highlands coach.  

• Like 2

Just now, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

I like Steve. I think he has done quite well everywhere he has been. And honestly, I figured eventually he would have gotten the Highlands job. If not this time around, then next. He’s only like 40’s right? Plenty of time left to coach at your alma mater. But it is a bad look to go on social media and make comments and hit the “like” button on a retweet of when Highlands BB loses to St Henry. I know heat of the moment but cmon man. #bebetter. Best of luck to Steve up on the hill. I guess what he should be worried more about instead of HHS BB is if any of his coaches apply for assistants for the new Highlands coach.  

Great post Brother!😀

• Like 2

Wow is right! Bitterness?! Not sure what you’re talking about. I have Twitter. I see Coach Lickert’s posts. Just a Keyboard warrior in full effect starting this thread.   Only Bitterness I’m sensing is from @BirdDaddy himself.

Honestly, who would want to take the job at Highlands at this point?! Sounds like a hot mess situation to me. Too many men on the ship and everyone wants to be Captain, or maybe just one in particular that’s complicating the process. Guess we’ll never truly know.  

Can’t wait to see Lickert settle this nonsense of a post with his success on the hill this year and many years to follow. Go BREDS! 

• Like 5