Trinity press conference this Thursday - Coach Beatty is retiring.

theguru

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

"44 applicants from Alaska to Florida." 

I expect the same this time around. 

Definitely a premier HS job. Since it is not a public school position the HC could be involved as a development director, alumni relations fund raiser, grade school or parish liason or the like. Makes the position much more manageable for a school administration or hiring committee.

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

One small thing to consider about the Beatty hire...this was Trinity's second shot at hiring a head coach in twelve months. At this point, they certainly have the benefit of program success to earn them some of the better applicants from around the country, but I also think, in the case of the Beatty hire, they probably benefitted from having just gone through that entire hiring process a year earlier. Usually I don't think I would see it as much of an advantage for a program to have to hire a coach two years in a row, but in that specific case with that specific program, I think it was.

They had hired Kevin Wright away from Noblesville (IN) the year before. Wright improved on Trinity's 9-5 record in the '98 season by going 11-2 in '99 and only losing to St. X, locally. Then Wright headed back to Indiana, taking the Warren Central job after some family members back home started facing health issues. He won three state championships with Warren Central in 2003, 2004, and 2005. Then he went to Union High School in Oklahoma and was forced out after one year and a 7-4 record. Then he spent '07-'09 as offensive coordinator at WKU, followed by 5 years, 3 state title game appearances and 1 state championship at Carmel High School in Indiana...then he headed to IMG Academy, where he was head coach from 2015-2019. He spent last year as the tight ends coach at Indiana University.

Ha....gotta wonder if Trinity doesn't reach back out to Coach Wright. For all of that experience, I believe he's only in his mid-50s.

I would think TE coach at IU would be more lucrative than a HS head coach almost anywhere. I would think the staff there would all be rewarded handily for the fine season they had. I don't see Tom Allen leaving or making big position coach changes.

At this point, we'll leave this thread to discussion of Coach Beatty, his career, and Beatty's time at Trinity.

For discussion about the open job at Trinity, about who would make good/bad applicants, and about what you're hearing about Trinity's hiring process, please continue that all in the "Open Job: Trinity" thread started by @All State Baseball.

• Like 2