Trinity press conference this Thursday - Coach Beatty is retiring.

theguru

7 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Looking at his coaching career, and the fact that he'll be turning 66 in June, I have to think Coach Beatty's next move is retiring to his house on the Lake Of The Ozarks.

Agree and on top of that why would anyone in his position want to go somewhere new only to deal with COVID this and COVID that.  No thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, loubballfan said:

I have no inside knowledge but I would have to believe Beatty leaving would be the only reason to hold a press conference and not just make an announcement.

Other than some type of mass player scholarship signing (which likely wouldn’t be allowed due to Covid) I can’t imagine what else it could be. I guess we’ll find out soon enough. 

• Like 1

I have someone telling me that Trinity has been talking to Stefan LeFors about coming back to Louisville from Parkview Baptist in Baton Rouge.

If Beatty is, in fact, retiring, LeFors doesn't seem like a bad choice for the next coach. But with both LeFors and his wife being Baton Rouge natives, it seems like it might be a tough sell getting him back to Louisville.

44 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I have someone telling me that Trinity has been talking to Stefan LeFors about coming back to Louisville from Parkview Baptist in Baton Rouge.

If Beatty is, in fact, retiring, LeFors doesn't seem like a bad choice for the next coach. But with both LeFors and his wife being Baton Rouge natives, it seems like it might be a tough sell getting him back to Louisville.

I agree he would be good replacement. He might move back for the right amount of money. I’m sure job pays well.

• Like 1