Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is it time for Calipari to go?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 230
  • Views 32.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't Cal sign some extension that basically gave him a job in the university or the Athletic dept after his coaching days?   So even if he's gone, they're stuck with him?

7 minutes ago, The Raven said:

Didn't Cal sign some extension that basically gave him a job in the university or the Athletic dept after his coaching days?   So even if he's gone, they're stuck with him?

You won't see Cal in Lexington if he's not coaching.

So fire a coach that wins 75% of games and 70% of games in the tournament? Yup, not spoiled at all.

8 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

So fire a coach that wins 75% of games and 70% of games in the tournament? Yup, not spoiled at all.

What would it take for you to think Cal was on the hot seat?

13 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

What would it take for you to think Cal was on the hot seat?

If 2021-2022 is a repeat of this year I'd say it would need to start getting warm.

I know I am a homer but 75% and 70% is pretty damn solid and I'd imagine compare very favorably to most.

I'm very willing to give Coach Cal the benefit of the doubt this year, especially with COVID issues. And I think those that want to see him go right now are ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I know I am a homer but 75% and 70% is pretty damn solid and I'd imagine compare very favorably to most.

I'm very willing to give Coach Cal the benefit of the doubt this year, especially with COVID issues. And I think those that want to see him go right now are ridiculous.

You are setting expectations too low. What should be expected over 11 seasons:

8 Final Fours
5 National Titles
88% win percentage against the top 25
11 top recruiting classes
Half the teams made up of Kentucky kids

 

6 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I know I am a homer but 75% and 70% is pretty damn solid and I'd imagine compare very favorably to most.

I'm very willing to give Coach Cal the benefit of the doubt this year, especially with COVID issues. And I think those that want to see him go right now are ridiculous.

75% and 70% are low by Calipari at UK standards, but it is incredibly impressive. Also impressive when you consider the numbers hold last year's non-tournament against him.

1 minute ago, bugatti said:

Half the teams made up of Kentucky kids

This was the one that always made me laugh. The harsh truth is that a team full of KY kids doesn't win a lot of games in a D1 Power 5 conference. 

We are headed toward the worst or 2nd worst season of our lifetime. CAL needs to get rid of Justice and Barbee. He needs to bring in a offensive coordinator and get rid of his buddies. He gets a pass this season but another one next year and I see him getting so much pressure put on him to get out of Lexington. CALs last 5 seasons almost mirror Tubby’s last 5. Tubby to his credit never missed the NCAA tourney. CAL is headed towards 2.

Is this the first season without Kenny Payne?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.