Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is it time for Calipari to go?

Featured Replies

15 hours ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Cal is a players first Coach but for whatever reason continues to throw Dontae under the bus in post game pressers. If Allen decides to transfer and rumors are flying that he is seriously considering it, Cal will not survive next season unless it’s one of his greatest.  I’m past ready for him too leave.

He should probably look in the mirror and figure out a way to be a better passer and better defender, but if he decides to transfer, I won't begrudge him.  Gotta do what is best for you.

  • Replies 230
  • Views 32.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

He should probably look in the mirror and figure out a way to be a better passer and better defender, but if he decides to transfer, I won't begrudge him.  Gotta do what is best for you.

Cal said last night the game has changed and he needs more shooters, but how much Defense do you sacrifice to get them. Why can’t shooters be defensive stoppers also. Cal has been especially hard on shooters and ran off Baker Juzang and now more then likely Allen. Imagine this years team with Hagans at Point, Baker Juzang at the 2. Allen at the 3, EJ at the 4 and Sarr at the 5. We more then likely are a lot better then 5-11. 

52 minutes ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Cal said last night the game has changed and he needs more shooters, but how much Defense do you sacrifice to get them. Why can’t shooters be defensive stoppers also. Cal has been especially hard on shooters and ran off Baker Juzang and now more then likely Allen. Imagine this years team with Hagans at Point, Baker Juzang at the 2. Allen at the 3, EJ at the 4 and Sarr at the 5. We more then likely are a lot better then 5-11. 

Why can't they be great shooters and great on defense? No one is saying they can't, it would be awesome if they were but for Allen specifically, he is a massive liability on defense.

I'm glad your bring up Baker and Juzang, because I wish there were here too. Ran them off though? Who were you going to take minutes from to play Baker? Herro or Quickley? Thats who he was competing against.

Who were you going to take minutes away from to play Juzang, Quickley or Maxey? Thats who he was competing against. 

They would have fit in nicely on this team and yeah we'd probably have a better record but they chose to leave. But anyone that tells me Cal ran them off, Id like to know how much time you'd have taken from Herro, Quickley and Maxey to play them more. All better players than Baker and Juzang.

 

Baker if I remember gave up a open 3 against Auburn in the Elite 8 game and was immediately yanked out and never played again. Baker came into that game as one of our hottest shooters. CALs leash with certain players especially non 5 star shooters is way way shorter then his freak athletic  5 star NBA Boys.  Shooters have to get into the flow and rhythm of the game and CALs poor handling of his least favorite players is obvious and well documented.

3 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I wouldn't take him over Calipari, but if Calipari decides to leave, Holtmann would probably be on the top of my list.

Buckeyes might he grabbing a 1 seed with far less talent than UK.

8 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Buckeyes might he grabbing a 1 seed with far less talent than UK.

They are having a great season under him and Buckeye fans should be pleased. 

If we are comparing one year, sure Holtmann gets the nod this year.  If we are looking at a whole body of work, there isn't even a comparison at the moment.  Maybe Holtmann will get to his first Elite 8 with this team.

And I say that after just posting that I like Holtmann and would be pleased with him as the next UK Coach, I think.

4 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

He should probably look in the mirror and figure out a way to be a better passer and better defender, but if he decides to transfer, I won't begrudge him.  Gotta do what is best for you.

I don't know the answer to this. Your post brought this question to mind. 

Have there been any Cal UK players that transferred out who went on to great success elsewhere?

1 hour ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Baker if I remember gave up a open 3 against Auburn in the Elite 8 game and was immediately yanked out and never played again. Baker came into that game as one of our hottest shooters. CALs leash with certain players especially non 5 star shooters is way way shorter then his freak athletic  5 star NBA Boys.  Shooters have to get into the flow and rhythm of the game and CALs poor handling of his least favorite players is obvious and well documented.

Not disagreeing with you about Cal's short leash.  Part of that is because he has better players ahead of them on the roster.  Will you answer my questions about playing time though?  My friend does the exact same thing regarding this topic when I ask, he moves onto something else.

Who were you going to take minutes from to get Baker more time? Herro or Quickely?

Who were you going to take minutes from to get Juzang more time?  Quickley or Maxey?

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I don't know the answer to this. Your post brought this question to mind. 

Have there been any Cal UK players that transferred out who went on to great success elsewhere?

I'd say that Wiltjer had quite a bit of success.  You could say that Charles Mathews did too, I'd think.

Probably depends on how you define great success but the seemed to do well after leaving.

2 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I'd say that Wiltjer had quite a bit of success.  You could say that Charles Mathews did too, I'd think.

Probably depends on how you define great success but the seemed to do well after leaving.

 I look at both those players and feel like they would have done just as well if not better if they had stayed at UK.

6 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Not disagreeing with you about Cal's short leash.  Part of that is because he has better players ahead of them on the roster.  Will you answer my questions about playing time though?  My friend does the exact same thing regarding this topic when I ask, he moves onto something else.

Who were you going to take minutes from to get Baker more time? Herro or Quickely?

Who were you going to take minutes from to get Juzang more time?  Quickley or Maxey?

I’m not the coach but  I’d play all 3 together if possible if not split the minutes can’t have enough good shooters and we usually are  lucky to have 1 maybe 2 per year.

5 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

 I look at both those players and feel like they would have done just as well if not better if they had stayed at UK.

Wiltjer couldn’t guard a tree so CAL can’t hide him or play him. Neither would have had the success here because the next bunch of 1 and done are coming to improve their draft stock. Both would have short leashes and never gotten Cal to adjust to having kids like that on the team.

13 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

They are having a great season under him and Buckeye fans should be pleased. 

If we are comparing one year, sure Holtmann gets the nod this year.  If we are looking at a whole body of work, there isn't even a comparison at the moment.  Maybe Holtmann will get to his first Elite 8 with this team.

And I say that after just posting that I like Holtmann and would be pleased with him as the next UK Coach, I think.

I feel like he’s just scratching the surface on what he can do, “entering his prime,” if you will.

1 minute ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Wiltjer couldn’t guard a tree so CAL can’t hide him or play him neither would have had the success here because the next bunch of 1 and done are coming to improve their draft stock. Both would have short leashes and never gotten Cal to adjust to having kids like that on the team.

How does Wiltjer compare to Dontaie Allen?

4 minutes ago, Tomcats1990 said:

I’m not the coach but  I’d play all 3 together if possible if not split the minutes can’t have enough good shooters and we usually are  lucky to have 1 maybe 2 per year.

So are you putting Hagans on the bench if you're playing all three?  Granted, I didn't care a ton for Hagans but he was our PG on both of those teams. Or are just going super small and not playing the likes of PJ Washington?  

Lucky to have one or two a year?  Aren't we right now talking about two different recent teams that had 3 good shooters on them? lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.