December 12, 20205 yr Kentucky got a good look at it, just didn’t go down. Focusing on the positive - glad they made a good run to make it a game.
December 12, 20205 yr Boston fumbled the pass and cost a second and a half before he got the ball to Sarr or the tip-in would have won the game. At least they showed some grit and hustle the second half.
December 12, 20205 yr I don’t think an 18ft jumper by your post man was the best of play selection, why not drive it to the rim and make something happen, get a shot off with enough time for a tip in, just basic basketball.
December 12, 20205 yr 9 minutes ago, nikeman49 said: I don’t think an 18ft jumper by your post man was the best of play selection, why not drive it to the rim and make something happen, get a shot off with enough time for a tip in, just basic basketball. Watch the play again man. Boston bobbling the ball changed it all. Sarr was about to cut to the basket until Boston couldn’t control the ball. It looked like a play where Boston would have a two way go if he catches it clean. With a chance to also pass it to a cutting Sarr. Him not catching it clean changed it all.
December 12, 20205 yr At the end of the day it is a loss, and so it sucks. With that said the one positive may be that this team may have realized the energy they have to play with at this level. The second half the energy level was higher than it has been all year. So hopefully they see how that is how they have to play at this level. With that said, their offense still has a lot of work to do.
December 12, 20205 yr 39 minutes ago, John Anthony said: Anyone else wondering if UK will be opting out? Of?
December 12, 20205 yr Only 6 freethrow attempts for UK. They finally finished with more assists than turnovers 14/11--but they're just not good offensively. They settle for way to many jump shots because they don't have anyone to run the offense.
December 12, 20205 yr These players have played AAU up and down for years. I often wonder why not just run, press, and substitute? Every year we hear about these outstanding recruits....ND, Ga Tech, and Richmond had no one that UK even looked at, much less recruited. Kansas...a different story. Why not just out athlete these teams?
December 12, 20205 yr 1 hour ago, John Anthony said: Anyone else wondering if UK will be opting out? Not a chance.
December 12, 20205 yr As an outside observer on the UK fan kingdom and a Notre Dame fan, I would hate to be putting my "shining star" on showing grit against a completely undermanned Notre Dame team with 7 scholarship players. Quite frankly there was no reason for this UK team to need to show grit and the ability to fight back in the 2nd half. I can't even fathom trying to explain how a team with that type of talent is down 22 at the half against a team that very well may finish in the bottom 3 in the ACC. Just thankful the Irish held on as I had every expectation that they were going to blow a 22 point half time lead. Further the one stat I thought the Irish had no chance in was rebounding and yet they outbound UK 34 - 30? I am ecstatic and really pleased with how this team has played Ohio State and UK.
December 12, 20205 yr 20 minutes ago, cincyswords said: As an outside observer on the UK fan kingdom and a Notre Dame fan, I would hate to be putting my "shining star" on showing grit against a completely undermanned Notre Dame team with 7 scholarship players. Quite frankly there was no reason for this UK team to need to show grit and the ability to fight back in the 2nd half. I can't even fathom trying to explain how a team with that type of talent is down 22 at the half against a team that very well may finish in the bottom 3 in the ACC. Just thankful the Irish held on as I had every expectation that they were going to blow a 22 point half time lead. Further the one stat I thought the Irish had no chance in was rebounding and yet they outbound UK 34 - 30? I am ecstatic and really pleased with how this team has played Ohio State and UK. In was just thinking the same thing, how many games will ND win in the ACC.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.