Richmond 76 Kentucky 64

16thBBall Fan

Ease up, folks.   None of these players have played with one another before this season.......started 4 freshmen against a really veteran, smart team.......very little home court advantage.     I think we'll see a different product against Kansas...........at least I hope so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Coach CAl was the savior from Billy G. He is a curse now recruits athletes that aren’t basketball players.

True I mean Fox, Bam, Monk, Quickley, Johnson, Herro, Washington, etc were not basketball players and just athletes. 

I’m glad I’m a UK fan, but our fan base literally is crazy and not always in a good way. Plus the same typical overreactions every single season at the beginning of the year. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

And in February and March you get beat by someone that shouldn’t and exit tourney, then same scenario again next season, getting really repetitious!

Ha there he is! I always look forward to your post in November, December, and sometimes January. Yet somehow you always disappear in February and March. I have a feeling you will follow the same pattern too. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Deja vu on the fan comments ... it seems like we go through this every season. 

It is all a learning curve till February when you bring in a new team every season. Save your complaints till then.

Exactly! It’s rinse and repeat with some of these comments every year to start the year. People wonder why Cal said the things he did after the presser the other night. He knew our fans love to overreact to any lost, and yet here we go again. 

22 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Exactly! It’s rinse and repeat with some of these comments every year to start the year. People wonder why Cal said the things he did after the presser the other night. He knew our fans love to overreact to any lost, and yet here we go again. 

While it is way to early to overreact given the weird preseason schedule with no scrimmages, not all of these reactions are unwarranted.  I know you like to tout how Cal always has them ready to go come March.  But we're coming up on 6 years since UK has appeared in a Final Four.  Have they really been all that great in March over the last several seasons?  In the first half of his tenure at UK it was absolutely true that the early season losses meant little as UK had 4 Final Four appearances in 6 seasons.  Since then, well his March resume looks a lot like Tubby Smith's--and he got hammered for it.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

While it is way to early to overreact given the weird preseason schedule with no scrimmages, not all of these reactions are unwarranted.  I know you like to tout how Cal always has them ready to go come March.  But we're coming up on 6 years since UK has appeared in a Final Four.  Have they really been all that great in March over the last several seasons?  In the first half of his tenure at UK it was absolutely true that the early season losses meant little as UK had 4 Final Four appearances in 6 seasons.  Since then, well his March resume looks a lot like Tubby Smith's--and he got hammered for it.  

Facts.