John Schlarman dead at 45

DevilMayCare

Very sad news. One of the most underrated players to ever come out of the Northern Ky area. A truly game changing football player whose impact led the Bluebirds to much success during his career there. I can speak first-hand as he whipped my tail all over the field in the one matchup we had in 1992.

Strong, smart, quick...but, most of all, a class act. After mollywhipping me for four quarters in a playoff game, he found me afterwards to shake my hand. Will never forget that. 

A sad day in KY for sure..

• Like 4

It has been a tough day for me upon hearing the news from John’s brother early this morning.  I knew John from the time he was born and this is very tough and saddening to me.  The courage and fight that he put up against this dreaded disease was honorable and inspirational to those in Fort Thomas, the state of Kentucky and the entire nation.  

It was great to see that UK offered his freshman son a scholarship roughly one week ago.  Shows how much John was thought of around Lexington.

We lost a good one today, but his memory will live on because of the type of person he was on and off the field.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, BrosefStalin said:

Very sad news. One of the most underrated players to ever come out of the Northern Ky area. A truly game changing football player whose impact led the Bluebirds to much success during his career there. I can speak first-hand as he whipped my tail all over the field in the one matchup we had in 1992.

Strong, smart, quick...but, most of all, a class act. After mollywhipping me for four quarters in a playoff game, he found me afterwards to shake my hand. Will never forget that. 

A sad day in KY for sure..

John Schlarman.jpg

• Like 3