Cooper 48 Highlands 21

theguru

Now that The Deuce and Samcro have calmed me down and talked me off the ledge I will say this.

Cooper had a great game plan and they owned the sidelines. This is so not typical of a Highlands defense to lose the battle on the outside but they did and Cooper exposed it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NKYPrepSportsFan said:

Frosh scores the past three years:

2017: Highlands 40 Cooper 0

2018: Highlands 26 Cooper 14

2019: Highlands 40 Cooper 12

What happens after Frosh year?

Don’t tell me the talent isn’t there when the Freshmen team consistently wins.  How can BW not find 15 kids to go play 85% of the game and win?!?!

• Like 5

Just now, El Diablo said:

Highlands will be back. I’m not worried about it all.  2014 was the last state championship, not even that long ago really. Someone will bring it back. 

I am concerned.

And speaking of 2014, the number one song was:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, theguru said:

I am concerned.

And speaking of 2014, the number one song was:

If you are concerned then you don’t know how deep Highlands football is. I’m not talking about talent   (there is abundant talent on the team). I’m talking about program depth within the community. It’s the deepest well in ky.  And it’s bubbling over. You could cancel the program completely for ten years and it would still come back to the top.  You’ll see. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John Anthony said:

You’re right Highlands dominance in NKY is over.  It has been for a while.  I feel like it started with a few really good Simon Kenton teams, then it was Campbell County, now it could be Brossart.  I do not believe the kids believe in the program any longer.

If you are referencing who started the end of Highlands dominance over NKY teams. Then it was Cooper who actually started it. Cooper was the team that ended the long NKY winning streak Highlands had back in 2015. 

HHS was the gold standard in NKY football for a long, long time; and it could be argued was the face of football across the Commonwealth along with T.  Teams were beat before they set foot on the field. 

These last few years have to be tough on the program’s greybeards.  My first reaction would be to chalk things up to parity, but the recent success at CCH life kinda blows up that argument.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Here's #7 Jeremiah Lee's 83 yard touchdown run in the 4th quarter.

What amazes me is Lee does this late in the 4th qtr after virtually playing the entire game. He, like most of the Jags, plays both ways and for Lee to make this run after handling every snap on offense and playing every snap on defense plus kickoff and kickoff return is truly special. Most don’t fully realize all he has been asked to do since his freshman year. 

• Like 2