Cooper 48 Highlands 21

theguru

Just now, cincyswords said:

Moeller is 2 and 6 and have already been knocked out of the playoffs.  Not sure their motivation level playing what amounts to as a meaningless game for them.

Dude I was stuck in 1978 but I hear what you are saying. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rocket Man said:

I’m thinking Coach Borchers will be offered the Head coaching at Highlands when BW retires at end of the season. Just a thought because Borchers lives in Fort Thomas and his kids go there. What you all think?  I like it. 

I didn’t know that. 

Just now, Sweeperboy said:

So you are changing your new found position.

You’re so mad you can’t see straight, over high school football. Relax.

😂😂😂

It’s time for Highlands to move on. Firing a high school football coach in the middle of the season is about the most gutless (your word) a thing you could possibly do. 

Just now, Sweeperboy said:

Wow strong. You are just funnin right?

I always have fun Sweep, but I am being serious.  Coach Borchers is the man at Cooper with talent coming up in his program, why would he want get near any dumpster fires?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

As I said in the prediction thread. Historically you would be right. However, a Boone County team going into this year has beaten Highlands 4 of the last 5 years. Which now after the win tonight by Cooper,  a Boone County team has beaten Highlands 5 of the last 6 years. 

So I would say the trend of Boone County schools being overmatched by Highlands is no longer a thing. As someone said in the update thread, arguably two of the best athletes on the field tonight belonged to Cooper. 

Great game tonight by the Cooper players and coaches. A great game plan, and great execution by the players for all four quarters. 

You’re right Highlands dominance in NKY is over.  It has been for a while.  I feel like it started with a few really good Simon Kenton teams, then it was Campbell County, now it could be Brossart.  I do not believe the kids believe in the program any longer.

• Like 1