Cooper 48 Highlands 21

theguru

7 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

This is where you and I differ. Yes I moved on a very long time ago and damn proud of my school. You are wrong that “it’s high school football“ It’s a very large money game my friend that is broke at Highlands and you know it.

However, I had 2 sons play and I had a brother that had 2 sons play and the ultimate goal is for all of the student athletes at Highlands to have the experience and opportunities that our family had. 

Nothing wrong with working hard and being passionate about the program and keeping the Tradition alive and well. When it stumbles and fails there is also nothing wrong with being critical of the leadership because they simply aren’t getting it done. 

The administration at Highlands is failing these kids for allowing this to continue and they know it but can’t do their jobs without personal relationships getting into the way. Period end of sentence.

Your unwillingness to agree with me that BW is a horrible head coach and leader is your choice as we have debated for many years about this. However, when you say “I’d say that will just about do it” this means to me that you have finally come to your senses. 

Good luck with the next coach. Sounds like it will be a quick turnaround. 

• Like 1

I would just like to quickly say that the situation at Highlands is no longer tenable.  Tonight was almost a surreal experience on just about every possible level. 

All that being said, huge respect to Cooper.  To essentially sit in the middle school gym for two hours and hit the field the way they did, was extraordinary.   Tremendous job by their coaches.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

Don’t throw stones CF. Wasn’t that long ago my friend 

Jeez.  No one’s throwing stones.  If a chain ganger birds a bird, that’s nutty.  The kids going after a fan.  Well, that’s just a kid reacting.  That can happen anywhere.

Thanks again for the reminder - CCH had some really, really tough years and a long, painful, frustrating losing streak to the birdies.  Personally, as I said last week, I pray to the heavens above that no one in Park Hills ever forgets.  Thanks for helping with the reminders.  

• Like 2

I do have a few questions for those that might be closer to the program than I.

1. Why did Noon not start the game?

2. Why did Surrey start the game?

3. Sam Robinson hardly played tonight at LB and has been one of the few bright spots this year.

4. Was that a new offense that Cooper ran tonight compared to earlier this year?

5. Where do things stand for the playoffs since there is a 3 way tie for second spot?

• Like 1

Sweep - let’s call a spade a spade, you were “tip of the spear” when it came to chiding CCH fans during those tough years for the Colonels.  All kinds of humorous hash tags and quips re: aspects of the CCH program that you found amusing.  It’s all good.  

But, I don’t see anyone jesting/joking/poking fun, quite the way you did, many, many times.  

I admire you being on BGP when many of your brethren have run for the hills, but, I don’t see any real pokin from CCH faithful.  I maybe wrong.

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Mr. Sixer said:

Anyway, back to the game.  Anyone happen to have the rushing stats for the game.  Curious to see how many yards Lee and Wright ended up with?  Great job popping those two loose as they don't need much room to break free.

They both played some big add on at the end, getting 75-100 yards each on the last 3 drives.