Cooper 48 Highlands 21

theguru

Fall has sucked in the Fort for to many years.  The party should be over for Coach W.  The kids deserve better.  These kids have grown up looking up to players that were winning state championships year after year.  Their fathers won state championships.  Their grandfathers won championships.  They deserve a coach that can at least give them that chance.  Never been more disappointed in Highlands football then I have in the last few years and that is saying a lot for me.

• Like 2

Won’t hijack this thread, but... Saw a reference to Highlands being okay because they had lean years before and then Duffy decided to bounce from Danville for Highlands.

1. Time has shown he had more reason to get out of town than simply Highlands being Highlands.

2. I know Highlands is high enough integrity to be sure to dig deep into the individual they hire, so I don’t fear history repeating itself.

Just a bad analogy that stuck with me. That’s all.

NKY football is better when Highlands, CovCath, Beechwood, etc are good!

12 hours ago, Sweeperboy said:

Well @observerbynature I mean Highlands middle school gym is a nicer than probably 80% of high school gyms in KY. 

The wait takes a mental toll but the facilities do not factor into any disadvantage whatsoever imo...

Nevertheless nice job by Cooper to preserve  but cmon.

🙂  I don't think you and I would disagree on much in regards to the program, and I think this would be a strange topic for an argument.   I'd also say that the "waiting in the middle school gym" part of my post wasn't really intended as the primary hurdle they had to overcome.   I was just trying to be a little more dramatic in  highlighting how impressive I thought the overall coaching job by Cooper was, and how it stood in stark comparison to the job by the home team.   

I also do think that better days are coming sooner rather than later.  I mean, with the exception of this Friday, that's going to be a disaster of biblical proportions.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

Why would you not like Borchers as coach at Highlands?

Losing record as of now this year.

2019 ...... 5-6

2018 ...... 5-7

2017 ...... 2-9

2016 ...... 7-5

He had really good momentum in the program in the years leading up to 2016 and look at the record over the last 5 years.  No matter how Cooper finishes this year he will have a losing record over the past 5 years. I don't think that is the resume Highlands fans are looking for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Losing record as of now this year.

2019 ...... 5-6

2018 ...... 5-7

2017 ...... 2-9

2016 ...... 7-5

He had really good momentum in the program in the years leading up to 2016 and look at the record over the last 5 years.  No matter how Cooper finishes this year he will have a losing record over the past 5 years. I don't think that is the resume Highlands fans are looking for.

Definitely what my thoughts were when I read Borchers name mentioned. He had early momentum, but that's definitely sputtered, and he's had lots of parents pushing back about the way he runs his program at Cooper. Several families managed to depart Cooper to get their kids into the program at Boone County because they thought higher of Bryson Warner. Another family or two came to CCH. Hell, Jeremiah Lee was doing his winter workouts and conditioning completely separate from the rest of the team the last couple of years.

That doesn't sound like the man they need to give Highlands a shot in the arm and inspire the boys in the Highlands locker room to their greatest potential.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The Oracle said:

Definitely what my thoughts were when I read Borchers name mentioned. He had early momentum, but that's definitely sputtered, and he's had lots of parents pushing back about the way he runs his program at Cooper. Several families managed to depart Cooper to get their kids into the program at Boone County because they thought higher of Bryson Warner. Another family or two came to CCH. Hell, Jeremiah Lee was doing his winter workouts and conditioning completely separate from the rest of the team the last couple of years.

That doesn't sound like the man they need to give Highlands a shot in the arm and inspire the boys in the Highlands locker room to their greatest potential.

Let's also not forget, Coach Borchers' coaching record against CCH. He's 0-5 and his teams have been outscored 222-19. I just don't see that being enough to cut the mustard for the Bluebirds.

7 minutes ago, Male Dueller said:

I thought Coach Borchers already secretly interviewed at Highlands in the past and turned the job down. 

Did I get bad info there?

As I've heard it, he interviewed specifically for the AD job, but then came back and wanted to be both AD and Head Football Coach.  Again, for the record, that's how I heard it.  

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, observerbynature said:

As I've heard it, he interviewed specifically for the AD job, but then came back and wanted to be both AD and Head Football Coach.  Again, for the record, that's how I heard it.  

For the record that is basically what I heard too.