Reds at Braves (NL Wild Card Series) 9/30-10/2

Reds vs Braves  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Cincinnati Reds
    • Atlanta Braves

On 10/2/2020 at 12:38 PM, Mustang said:

I think that Trevor Bauer likes it here, would be willing to play long-term here, but must think that the Reds are Team Turmoil run by a milk toast managerial staff and ownership, and probably wants to see some indications that they can become winners.

He is definitely a loose cannon, but the guy can pitch, and win if we can get him some runs.  This city fell in love with Bronson Arroyo and he was a flake of the first water, and not half the pitcher that Trevor Bauerr is.  I think with minimal effort and a couple of Jake Sweeney commercials, he could endear himself to the people of Cincinnati the same way that Arroyo did, and/or that Burrow seems to be doing for the Bengals.

I will completely disagree with you on him being a loose cannon.  Everything he has done this year has been done with a purpose.  Honestly, I think he's probably one of, if not the, smartest players on the team.

As far as him liking it here...it depends.  As far as living in the midwest, then sure.  As far as how this team has performed, I'm not so sure.  I think he loves having Gray (and maybe to a slightly lesser degree, Castillo) on the staff to try and one-up each other.  But, after watching his vlog after the series loss to Atlanta, when he mentioned that the team had lost half of the games he started this year...that spoke volumes to me.  He's not going to want to pitch lights-out and constantly get saddled with an L or ND because the offense can't score.  That doesn't help.

I think, honestly, that he's headed for the west coast.  I could see him wanting to rejoin with Clevinger in San Diego, or up the coast in LA (where he's from), or even in San Francisco (pretty sure he idolized Tim Lincecum growing up).   But, if he sticks to his guns on just signing one year contracts, he could wind up on any large-market team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Well the Marlins were able to do to Fried in only 3 innings what the Reds wasn't able to do in 6 innings score a run they have scored 4.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that they've already faced him a time or two during the regular season, right?  Things change when you've seen a team/pitcher already.

• Like 1