Randy Parker

You can only pick one  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one in which to live

• Farm House
    • Beach House
    • Lake House
    • Mountain Cabin

The beach is great, but maintenance on a beach house is a full time job.  I'd rather live in a farmhouse or lake house 45 minutes from the beach so I could visit whenever I wanted.  I'd have to say a lake house would be my preference.

• Like 1

Hard for me to say, because a lot depends on location.  There'd be some lakes that I'd prefer over others, same way with the mountains.  So basically, good lake > bad mountains, but also good mountains > bad lake.

And, ultimately, if I had to pick my dream site...it'd be the mountain cabin...sitting next to a lake.

17 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

The beach is great, but maintenance on a beach house is a full time job.  I'd rather live in a farmhouse or lake house 45 minutes from the beach so I could visit whenever I wanted.  I'd have to say a lake house would be my preference.

The lake house where I live, right now. 🙂

3 hours ago, swamprat said:

By the way, I lived in a beach house. @rjs4470 is right. Sand and salt air. It is a lot of work to maintain. 

This is my only thought process with this question which is why I am picking the mountain cabin. Two of the options have water nearby which seems to be more of a hassle, and yeah, the sand/salt in the air with the beach. A farm house sounds like I am maintaining multiple acres. No thanks.

Now if I had unlimited money/resources where someone could maintain the grounds, I would vote for the beach house.