DA program cancelled

The DA had a rather significant impact on many kids, families, high schools, and the area clubs. Now, as of yesterday, it is officially gone. If we are fortunate to get sports back in The Fall, 20 studs per age group now have to figure out if they are going to play high school, and what new club to join. How does this impact the high school and club landscape?

There are a lot of happy high school coaches out there right now.

I'm curious to see what comes out of this. The boys side already has a new league supported by MLS.

The girls have the existing ECNL, but I don't think they're going to bring in every DA team, especially when the DA team has an ECNL team already in the same city.

I do know the DA teams that haven't already switched to ECNL are looking at options for another league. We'll see here in the next few weeks what is to come.

This has been building for a while. MLS academies weren't happy with the inconsistent level of competition, USL has entered the game and has a bunch of teams in ECNL, and US Soccer has no capable leadership at all.

Youth soccer in the US remains the Wild West. Don't see that changing anytime soon.

This has been building for a while. MLS academies weren't happy with the inconsistent level of competition, USL has entered the game and has a bunch of teams in ECNL, and US Soccer has no capable leadership at all.

Youth soccer in the US remains the Wild West. Don't see that changing anytime soon.

Yep, but yet they blame it on the pandemic. This has popped up yearly for the past couple years, but in the end, it was just a rumor. This time around, they had an easy out. You know it was in the works as the same day they announced the demise of the league, MLS comes out saying they now have their own league for the boys.

Yep, but yet they blame it on the pandemic. This has popped up yearly for the past couple years, but in the end, it was just a rumor. This time around, they had an easy out. You know it was in the works as the same day they announced the demise of the league, MLS comes out saying they now have their own league for the boys.

I think the pro leagues have known this was coming for a while. Just two weeks ago, in the middle of all this business, little ol' Louisville City FC in USL announced the coaches for youth teams in the new academy in something like 14 different age groupings counting both boys and girls. It was a big jump and clearly they think there's money to be made and talent to be found.

When it comes to girls high school soccer, you have to think this would potentially impact NKY schools more than others in the state. I know of a few girls who played in the DA from Lexington but not sure how many make the drive from the Louisville area. This could make the usual cream of the crop that much better. Could really effect NDA since I believe they have 2-3 players. I know if at least one Highlands girl that this could open the door to come back. She is an excellent keeper.

When it comes to girls high school soccer, you have to think this would potentially impact NKY schools more than others in the state. I know of a few girls who played in the DA from Lexington but not sure how many make the drive from the Louisville area. This could make the usual cream of the crop that much better. Could really effect NDA since I believe they have 2-3 players. I know if at least one Highlands girl that this could open the door to come back. She is an excellent keeper.

The breakdown for NKY is potentially:

Highlands - 2

Dixie - 3

NDA - 3

Ryle - 2

However, one of the Ryle players has already committed to Florida State, so I doubt she plays high school ball.