Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stimulus checks

Featured Replies

My wife updated our info last night, and like mentioned we always end up paying in on our federal taxes.

  • Replies 115
  • Views 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, no link on there for me to update bank info. Read on a page that if it doesn't allow you to update it, then your check is being mailed.

 

The IRS did some maintenance to their site and the link finally showed up for me about a week and a half ago to allow me to put my banking information. I still had a little trouble because I couldn't get it to accept my 2019 numbers (I filed like April 14th) but then entered my 2018 information and it was accepted.

 

To wrap up the whole story, I got the deposit into my account today, thankfully.

Dead people are getting these returns.

 

No, I'm not kidding.

Dead people are getting these returns.

 

No, I'm not kidding.

 

Not a surprise if they are using information from as far back as 2018. I'm guessing a lot of folks who filed taxes in 2018 have since died.

I received mine and immediately sent 745.00 back to them since owed taxes. Then dishwasher went out so stimulated economy with getting new one.

Why are retired people getting checks?

 

For the same reasons that people still working during this are getting checks. Don't retired people still have to pay taxes?

For the same reasons that people still working during this are getting checks. Don't retired people still have to pay taxes?

 

Good point on those still working receiving checks. It probably goes back to a systems problem with the IRS and they had no way to easily categorize people beyond income level.

Dead people are getting these returns.

 

No, I'm not kidding.

 

Some of them still draw SS.

Good point on those still working receiving checks. It probably goes back to a systems problem with the IRS and they had no way to easily categorize people beyond income level.

 

That is a bingo in all caps. IRS system not capable of differentiating and getting checks out in short period of time.

Dead people are getting these returns.

 

No, I'm not kidding.

 

The checks are supposed to be sent back. There is a notice on the front of the envelope to drop it in a mailbox if the intended recipient is deceased.

Why are retired people getting checks?

 

Because they vote.

 

Notice that college students didn't get any stimulus money.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.