Stimulus checks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, no link on there for me to update bank info. Read on a page that if it doesn't allow you to update it, then your check is being mailed.

The IRS did some maintenance to their site and the link finally showed up for me about a week and a half ago to allow me to put my banking information. I still had a little trouble because I couldn't get it to accept my 2019 numbers (I filed like April 14th) but then entered my 2018 information and it was accepted.

To wrap up the whole story, I got the deposit into my account today, thankfully.

Dead people are getting these returns.

No, I'm not kidding.

Not a surprise if they are using information from as far back as 2018. I'm guessing a lot of folks who filed taxes in 2018 have since died.

For the same reasons that people still working during this are getting checks. Don't retired people still have to pay taxes?

Good point on those still working receiving checks. It probably goes back to a systems problem with the IRS and they had no way to easily categorize people beyond income level.

Good point on those still working receiving checks. It probably goes back to a systems problem with the IRS and they had no way to easily categorize people beyond income level.

That is a bingo in all caps. IRS system not capable of differentiating and getting checks out in short period of time.

Dead people are getting these returns.

No, I'm not kidding.

The checks are supposed to be sent back. There is a notice on the front of the envelope to drop it in a mailbox if the intended recipient is deceased.