Stimulus checks

Fifth Third is getting slammed. I am unable to log into the online banking site.

"Due to higher than normal volume, some users are experiencing temporary login issues. We are working as quickly as possible to restore service for affected customers."

They should take out the word "temporary". A login problem is a login problem, temporary or not. I hate style over substance. :)

Did they say "Your call is important to us"? I hate that. If it was important, they would answer it.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to sleep with $2 in the bank and woke up with over 2 grand, got the stim check and my first paycheck from my new job that I started a month ago. We get paid bi-monthly. I paid all my April bills, and still have the stim check leftover. Will use some of that to live on until the next paycheck and save the rest. Hopefully can add to it, will be trying to purchase a new vehicle sometime in the next year. My 2002 Explorer Sport has lasted 11 years and I am ready to upgrade.

I heard most banks were overwhelmed today. Was that people just looking to see if the check was there or were all those people out of money and needed some cash?

My guess would be that the checks hit. Withdrawals and such.

Hearing how overwhelmed banks were makes me realize how many people must live paycheck to paycheck that they needed to get to the bank today to get money.

I was once there especially my first 2-3 years of marriage. Until my wife finished her masters we went from paycheck to paycheck. It sucked.

I think everyone I know who tried it got that same message from the IRS site. Bringing all this online this quickly is straining every agency and every bank.

Well I hate that others didnt' get it and got that message, but I'm also glad to hear some others did because I wasn't sure what it meant. They have all my stuff and it just seemed vague. I guess it's just wait and see for me.

Questions for you.

How did you file your 2018 and 2019 returns?

Did you get a refund in either year for which you provided bank account info?

Both were filed via Turbo Tax. Unfortunately because of a lot of 1099 work through vending, I always owe. I pay using my checking account, haven't received a refund in several years.

Both were filed via Turbo Tax. Unfortunately because of a lot of 1099 work through vending, I always owe. I pay using my checking account, haven't received a refund in several years.

That is likely the issue. Go into the irs.gov coronavirus link and add your bank account info. They only used refund account info. Just remember this was done in 14 days whereas last time in 2008 it took 75 days. Don’t bother calling because nobody is answering.

That is likely the issue. Go into the irs.gov coronavirus link and add your bank account info. They only used refund account info. Just remember this was done in 14 days whereas last time in 2008 it took 75 days. Don’t bother calling because nobody is answering.

Yeah, I wasn't going to waste their time or mine by calling, figured that would be pointless.

I jumped on there and explored quite a bit but I don't see anywhere that allows me to add the banking info. Read that if it doesn't provide you the option of putting the info in, then a check is being mailed. I guess all I can do is wait and see.

Yeah, I wasn't going to waste their time or mine by calling, figured that would be pointless.

I jumped on there and explored quite a bit but I don't see anywhere that allows me to add the banking info. Read that if it doesn't provide you the option of putting the info in, then a check is being mailed. I guess all I can do is wait and see.

Isn’t there an update bank account link? Thought I saw that yesterday.