t and x talk not allowed - Take #2

theguru

Trinity and St. Xavier fans: Listen up.

For the last couple of years, a lot of fans from your great programs have taken jabs at each other, using lower-case letters to refer to the other team. In addition, you have come up with more (and more childish) nicknames for each other: weeds, tabbies, kittys, pebbles. You know what I'm talking about.

Trinity and St. X are two of the most respected schools in the state. You stand for hard work, dedication, and excellence, both in education, and sports. We know that, from top to bottom, discipline and good behavior is demanded.

So, you should know that, from the outside looking in, this petty bickering, name calling and lower-case spelling is a bit shocking. It would seem to be beneath you -- reminiscent of two kindergarten kids fighting over a sandbox toy.

We have allowed this in the past; primarily, because we understand that most of it is good-natured, despite the fact that it is against our rule #13.

I have talked to a few of you privately who have agreed with me on this issue. Some have stated that they, "Don't like it either," but continue to do so, to avoid being "one-upped" by someone from the other side.

In an effort to clean things up a little, these practices will no longer be allowed on BGP. We want you to focus on the activities on the field and court, without resorting to these petty tactics.

Long live the X vs T rivalry!

Thanks for your help.

The BGP Staff

Does it matter that some "adults" have to refer to rival schools by their geographic location rather than their school or mascot name? This, too, is very mature.

I don't think the intent is to totally remove the rivalry. Woody always called Michigan "that school up north". I think some remarks while snide, are OK.

I don't think the intent is to totally remove the rivalry. Woody always called Michigan "that school up north". I think some remarks while snide, are OK.

I think that some comments by T & X fans on BGP directed towards other T & X fans offend NON T & X fans more than the people who the comments were directed towards in the 1st place. It seems that these non T & X fans take this stuff much more seriously than we do.

Props to LSU and Rock85! Deep down we T & X fans in a lot of areans have grown up together and have gathered together in various social scenes. Some people outside the catholic circle just don't get it! That's OK! We still have a day job!! It really comes down to bragging rights! And, we have had it for a while! Thanks Coach Beatty, coaching staff and all of 2006 repeat (8-times) football team!!! GO ROCKS!

T and X have the best fans around. They stand for pride, hard work, and dicipline. I do however believe that T is seen too much as an underdog in almost every big game. Last time I checked, underdogs don't have the most state championships. They also don't win 5 of the last 6 championships. Male, X, and others just haven't competed at the level T has in recent years. Opinions aside, bickering back and fourth just shows how many amazing fans each program has. As we know, fan power is truely the "12" man. BGP members, keep up the good work!!

I may not have any business posting on this thread. I don't ever post on any "T" and/or "X" threads. I just wanted to say that the ones I have read on either of these teams the fans for the most part have seemed respectful to the game and especially the kids. As for the question/post about the geographical location of a college and the reply on Woody Hayes and "that school up north". I for one am a U.K. and OSU fan and I have taken jabs at Michigan as well along with U.L.,U.T. and Duke. They are meant in good fun and to "jab" the rival and fans of the other school/team in good fun. My personal opinion is that this is o.k. as long as it doesn't get personal with one another. High School post I can see where less is tolerated bc of the simple fact that it is High School and these are 15,16,17 yr. old kids. Back to the subject, I for one admire the kind of football programs "T" and "X" put on the field. They are class all the way. Thank you for letting interupt or "hi-jack" your thread for a couple of minutes.