Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com Boys Basketball Preseason Rankings Discussion

Featured Replies

Fern Creek (#10) plays Ballard (#3) on Dec. 4........Male (#1) on Dec. 10.......and Trinity (#15) on Dec. 14. Pretty tough stretch.

 

Ballard will he missing Rashad Bishop for awhile, and their big guy transfer hasn’t been ruled eligible as of today.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to seeing Johnson Central play at CovCath later this season.

 

I’m sure it will be a competitive game... until the opening tip.

How far down are the Ashland Tomcats?

Lost a close one to West Carter tonight.

Lost a close one to West Carter tonight.

That was a girls game. Ashland’s boys don’t play until tomorrow night vs Lewis County.

Great to see Coach Haworth back competing for a state title. As much talent as he had at Hoptown...I believe he's working with so much more at Male. I know he's hungry for that first title.

Didn't #14 Bowling Green beat #8 Marshall County in a scrimmage? Albeit only by 1 point and you never know the parameters of a scrimmage unless you're there. But this was before Bowling Green's semi final football game against Covington Catholic so I'm guessing there were at least a few kids missing for the Purples. I know it's only a preseason guess but just had to throw that out there.

Didn't #14 Bowling Green beat #8 Marshall County in a scrimmage? Albeit only by 1 point and you never know the parameters of a scrimmage unless you're there. But this was before Bowling Green's semi final football game against Covington Catholic so I'm guessing there were at least a few kids missing for the Purples. I know it's only a preseason guess but just had to throw that out there.

 

Yes. That was taken into consideration but the BGP preseason poll is more about expectations. The regular season rankings will reflect the results.

 

BG plays Madisonville-North Hopkins tonight if I am not mistaken. BG has looked good in preseason scrimmages from what I am hearing while Madisonville-NH hasn’t. We’ll see what happens tonight.

Ballard will he missing Rashad Bishop for awhile, and their big guy transfer hasn’t been ruled eligible as of today.

 

Just wondering how Ballard can be ranked #3 with these missing pieces?

Just wondering how Ballard can be ranked #3 with these missing pieces?

 

My guesses would be:

A: it’s still Ballard

B: this is more of a prediction of where teams will finish than start.

Lost a close one to West Carter tonight.

 

Oops.

That was a girls game. Ashland’s boys don’t play until tomorrow night vs Lewis County.

 

Gotta cut papa some slack with minor slip ups like this, given his age and all.

OK, I haven't reviewed all the scores yet....but #6 Henry Clay, #15 Trinity, and #16 Dunbar all lost to unranked teams Week 1....tough week to be a ranked favorite!

 

#14 Bowling Green also lost, but to #7 Madisonville-North Hopkins. No shame there.

 

CM

i am sure we will see quite a bit of movement until after the holiday tournaments

Newcath should be ranked over Beechwood in this poll. They have a of ton weapons, and probably one of the top bigs in the 9th.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.