Quality Competition??

BGGreen

If BG is trying to upgrade their schedule, you just listed several good possiblities!!

BG played Trigg last year and it was an embarrasment for Trigg. Mercer? I think the outcome would have been similar. Hoptown is in the same region.

They have tried some of the TN teams but their districts have more teams than in KY...some with as many as 8.

Next year BG opens with Boyle and Trinity. Warren Central becomes a district game.

BG played Trigg last year and it was an embarrasment for Trigg. Mercer? I think the outcome would have been similar. Hoptown is in the same region.

They have tried some of the TN teams but their districts have more teams than in KY...some with as many as 8.

Next year BG opens with Boyle and Trinity. Warren Central becomes a district game.

From what I saw of BG the last 2 years, Mercer County could give BG all they wanted. Mercer beat Owenboro Catholic 43-0. Owensboro Catholic beat Trigg in overtime.I wouldn't compare Mercer to Trigg. Mercer beat Boyle County.

Mercer's schedule was not as challenging as we had hoped. LCA and Boyle were added. Boyle was solid, LCA was not. South Laurel was expected to be a challenge. Garrard and Lloyd were way down this year. Newport was a good team, but struggled offensively. IMO Newport was the best team Mercer played except for Russell. Mercer kept waiting for a tough game, Larue, OC, but it never seemed to happen. Fortunately for Mercer fans the Mercer defense was for real.

I know in discussing this topic with some NCC and CovCath supporters this weekend, they were all firm believers that their teams had an advantage by not showing up in Louisville with a ??-0 record against questionable competition!! They felt playing against better competition, even though they may have lost, better prepared them for the pressure and atmosphere of the "Big Dance". Congrats to both again by the way!! :thumb: