Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds Offseason Thread

Featured Replies

From what I've been reading, it seems like the Reds have ramped things up with Corey Dickerson. If they do sign him, I'd say there's the potential for a Winker/Aquino platoon in right field, depending on what Aquino shows during spring training.

 

I may be in the minority here. However, I have always believed a platoon system in baseball at a spot hurts a player more than helps. I believe it prevents some guys, especially young guys with talent from ever really being able to get in a rhythm and stunts their growth in reaching their potential.

 

I honestly think last year the Reds moving Pereza around every year, also is why he took a step back last year. After looking like he was starting to figure it out the year before. I would love for them to find what they believe is their best starting 8 position players and roll them out there on the majority of days.

  • Replies 124
  • Views 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I may be in the minority here. However, I have always believed a platoon system in baseball at a spot hurts a player more than helps. I believe it prevents some guys, especially young guys with talent from ever really being able to get in a rhythm and stunts their growth in reaching their potential.

 

I honestly think last year the Reds moving Pereza around every year, also is why he took a step back last year. After looking like he was starting to figure it out the year before. I would love for them to find what they believe is their best starting 8 position players and roll them out there on the majority of days.

 

I think a platoon can still work, but probably more so with both being veteran players. The "older" guys may actually benefit from it, by not being out there for all 162. And they may have learned how to weather the ups/downs of their AB performances. But, yeah, for someone who's in the first couple of seasons...probably less than ideal.

 

And I totally agree with you on Peraza. They really messed him up by moving him all around.

Reds have engaged in talks for Lindor. I'm not sure how I feel about it, if you can lock him up for a few years, sure, if he's a rental at the expense of your farm system play Galvis.

  • Author

Reds signed a Japanese OF, Akiyama, today that hit over .300 in his league last year.

Reds signed a Japanese OF, Akiyama, today that hit over .300 in his league last year.

 

I think it will be a very underrated signing, all said and done.

Reds have engaged in talks for Lindor. I'm not sure how I feel about it, if you can lock him up for a few years, sure, if he's a rental at the expense of your farm system play Galvis.

 

I will take one month of him if the Reds can sign him. I saw an article listing the players of the decade in MLB and they chose Lindor as the SS of the decade.

  • Author
Reds signed a Japanese OF, Akiyama, today that hit over .300 in his league last year.

 

He signed his deal late yesterday. 3 yrs for $21 million.

He signed his deal late yesterday. 3 yrs for $21 million.

 

The outfield is getting kind of crowded. Wonder if that means we'll see a trade coming down the pike.

  • Author
The outfield is getting kind of crowded. Wonder if that means we'll see a trade coming down the pike.

 

Seems like Senzel's name is being tossed around some as part of a trade for Lindor, so maybe.

  • Author

Matt Vasgersian's NL Central Projections, for what it's worth:

 

Reds 90-72

Cardinals 86-76

Brewers 84-78

Cubs 81-81

Pirates 70-92

IF they can stay healthy and live up to expectations, I don't see why this team won't be in contention. I do feel that they need to make one more move by Opening Day.

The outfield is getting kind of crowded. Wonder if that means we'll see a trade coming down the pike.

 

He has to be the everyday lead off batter for the Reds.

Matt Vasgersian's NL Central Projections, for what it's worth:

 

Reds 90-72

Cardinals 86-76

Brewers 84-78

Cubs 81-81

Pirates 70-92

 

No reason why the Reds shouldn’t win the division.

No reason why the Reds shouldn’t win the division.

 

Just don't see it happening.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.