Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds Offseason Thread

Featured Replies

1.Has there been any off season signings yet?

2. Any coaching changes? (3rd base coach fired, hopefully)

3. Will the Reds actually part with any money to sign a quality player?

 

If that was going to happen it would have been immediately after the season.

  • Replies 124
  • Views 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Looks like the Reds have agreed to terms with 3B/2B Mike Moustakas. I think it's a 4 year deal between $60-65 million.

Looks like the Reds have agreed to terms with 3B/2B Mike Moustakas. I think it's a 4 year deal between $60-65 million.

 

Interesting. So, the way I see it, there's two possibilities...

 

Suarez at 3B, Galvis slides over to SS, and Moustakas is at 2B

 

or

 

They insert Moustakas at 3B, slide Suarez over to SS, and Galvis holds down 2B.

 

I don't like option #2. Suarez has just hit his stride as a hitter. Don't mess that up with him having to re-learn a new position.

  • Author
Interesting. So, the way I see it, there's two possibilities...

 

Suarez at 3B, Galvis slides over to SS, and Moustakas is at 2B

 

or

 

They insert Moustakas at 3B, slide Suarez over to SS, and Galvis holds down 2B.

 

I don't like option #2. Suarez has just hit his stride as a hitter. Don't mess that up with him having to re-learn a new position.

 

I would bet that they go with Option #1 of your two scenarios, at least that's what I would do.

Has anybody heard anymore chatter about Marcell Ozuna? Two or three weeks ago it seemed like the Reds might be near the top in signing him. But, that seems to have died away. I know the Cubs were also interested, but haven't heard anything one way or the other.

If that was going to happen it would have been immediately after the season.

 

That's why I asked, were there any coaching changes? I had no idea.

Looks like the Reds have agreed to terms with 3B/2B Mike Moustakas. I think it's a 4 year deal between $60-65 million.

 

Appears to be a good deal. He will be a FA by the the time he’s washed up.

I wish the Reds would sign Cole Hamels to a one year deal.

How about Moustakas moving to first base, Galvis at 2nd and resign Iglesias.

 

Unless the Reds make the move to the American League in the next few months, that ain't going to happen.

How about Moustakas moving to first base, Galvis at 2nd and resign Iglesias.

 

We can only dream.

He will be starting 2B, never a question about that when it was announced or even speculated as a free agent option. Kevin Gausman was also non tendered yesterday. Non tendering both Peraza and Gausman saves the Reds about $13 million.

That's why I asked, were there any coaching changes? I had no idea.

 

Ah, I thought you meant going forward.

 

They made several moves in the minor leagues, but on the big league club they fire Turner Ward.

If Stephenson can make an impact late this year or next, the Reds might have something cooking.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.