4A #1 Boyle County vs 3A #1 Christian Academy of Louisville Predictions/Updates

charlesw88

Who wins?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Boyle County
    • Christian Academy of Louisville

That one bothers me the least because I think South Oldham is pretty good. I didn't like the relatively close call against Eastern or the loss to Ballard (I know Ballard is good but I think last year's CAL team beats them).

On the flip side, I'm not sure we know exactly what Boyle County's ceiling is this season. Their best win is over a good-not-great Mercer squad. Danville is a name win but they aren't near their usual level. Bullitt Central and Iroquois don't tell us much.

If Boyle County didn’t defeat those teams the way they did then everyone would be saying that Boyle County is overrated. What more could they have done?

If Boyle County didn’t defeat those teams the way they did then everyone would be saying that Boyle County is overrated. What more could they have done?

I think you misinterpreted (or I wasn't clear). My point was more along the lines of those teams are clearly inferior to Boyle County so we've not seen them in a tight game against a championship opponent so its hard to say exactly how they'll perform this week. CAL may or may not provide that challenge.

I think you misinterpreted. My point was more along the lines of those teams are clearly inferior to Boyle County so we've not seen them in a tight game against a championship opponent so its hard to say exactly how they'll perform this week. CAL may or may not provide that challenge.

Ahhhhh. Gotcha. I’m intrigued. I think Boyle County wins relatively easy. Tougher game for sure but if CAL runs it a lot then this game is over.

These next 3 weeks will be fun.

Boyle wins by 21, if the Babin twins are unavailable to play it could be a running clock. One is the leading rusher and didn't play in their loss last week, and the other twin is their leading tackler and got hurt in the first half of last weeks game and didn't return.

Wow. At the risk of stating the obvious, it's a huge development if they both can't go this week.

CAL ran for 58 yards against Ballard and while they scored 37 points only two offensive touchdowns. They could have a long night against Boyle's defense. Not having both Babin twins won't help but looks like Zimmerer has been their main running back this year.

The big question mark in my mind about CAL is the 6-0 win against South Oldham and the loss to Ballard that Boyle handled last year without too much trouble. I like Boyle as I said earlier, but CAL is certainly a good team. I think Boyle has too many weapons though.