72 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Boyle County
    • Christian Academy of Louisville

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAL is a great football team and in my opinion to think this will be anything other than a close game is wrong. I think that both teams have traits that hurt the other and that leads me to believe that this will be a defensive battle. I think we see a very tight contest with the winner being the team that can run the ball successfully and keep penalties to a minimum. I like Boyle in this one due to experience in coaching and players 24-21 final. If there is a place to be this Friday it is in Boyle county for sure as it looks to be an amazing game.

I have watched Cal a couple times this year and seen Boyle once, Cal is 90 percent run which will make it difficult for them to score on Boyle, in saying that if Boyle tries to run the football heavy against Cal it will be a lot closer, I wasn't impressed with Boyles Oline,they are very average up front. If Boyle continues to throw the ball around, I stand by my score of 42-14. I'm coming down for this one but don't expect it to be as close as people think.

I have watched Cal a couple times this year and seen Boyle once, Cal is 90 percent run which will make it difficult for them to score on Boyle, in saying that if Boyle tries to run the football heavy against Cal it will be a lot closer, I wasn't impressed with Boyles Oline,they are very average up front. If Boyle continues to throw the ball around, I stand by my score of 42-14. I'm coming down for this one but don't expect it to be as close as people think.

Hard to see Boyle not throwing the ball all over the field given the strength at QB and WR.

Come down to the sideline and give us a look (Rebel and I).

I don't think there is any way Boyle wins by 4 td's. I hope they do, but don't think we will pass the pass all over the field like we have been. I don't think we have as much time in the pocket as we've had so far this year. Believe me, I would love a running clock or something close but I'll take 28-21 which is what I'm predicting.

I'll take Boyle. Something sticks in me about that early season 6-0 with South Oldham. Can't pinpoint but in my head that perhaps CAL is not all there this season.

That one bothers me the least because I think South Oldham is pretty good. I didn't like the relatively close call against Eastern or the loss to Ballard (I know Ballard is good but I think last year's CAL team beats them).

On the flip side, I'm not sure we know exactly what Boyle County's ceiling is this season. Their best win is over a good-not-great Mercer squad. Danville is a name win but they aren't near their usual level. Bullitt Central and Iroquois don't tell us much.