Reds at Brewers (6/20-6/22)

Which you also added he was done, he isn't coming out of it and all that. Which a few times I has to remind you, that he has always been a slow starter. So your overreacting to his normal slow start, was for no reason. Because even with that slow start he is one of the best on the team in Avg., obp, and runs scored. With chances are he will once again lead the team in those areas once the season ends. So yeah was over the top criticism that you directed straight toward him like every single at bat, because at the end of the day he once again most likely will have been one of the most valuable hitters in the lineup.

First of all that was my opinion which I am allowed to have and post. Secondly, when the Reds best player starts out .210 for two months, strikes out every other at bat, very few walks, no HR or RBI'S, terrible base running and unexcuseable errors in the field. Plus leading our team to last place, I am going to criticize. Others players do not draw the same criticism because they are not our best player and leader.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all that was my opinion which I am allowed to have and post. Secondly, when the Reds best player starts out .210 for two months, strikes out every other at bat, very few walks, no HR or RBI'S, terrible base running and unexcuseable errors in the field. Plus leading our team to last place, I am going to criticize. Others players do not draw the same criticism because they are not our best player and leader.

Well considering he has been one of the best hitters in baseball for the majority of the time for the last 10 years. I think it's safe to say his approach has worked just fine. Even the best hitters go through long droughts. His usually just comes at the begging of the year, while other hitters may come in the middle or the end. At the end of the day when the season is over, he has continually been not only one of the best hitters on the reds most of his career, he has been one of the best in baseball. Which based on his numbers now, he once again by the end of the year will be one of the most valuable batters on the team.

Votto should be trying to win the batting title at this stage of his career but he will not unless he can solve his early season struggles. Maybe he should do something different in spring training.

I would venture to guess he doesn't purposely try to start slow each season. You sure seem to think everything should come easy for players and they should have all the answers and never mess up.

Who is up next in the thread starting rotation?

I think it may be me, but I don't want to jump the gun in case I'm wrong.

I'm going to make a spot start since it's just a 2 game series. We will save @futurecoach for the big 3 game series against the Cubs this weekend.