Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jemarl Baker to transfer from UK

Featured Replies

I just read on Twitter he has put his name in the transfer portal.

 

Not really surprising as I mentioned a few times that I thought he might. I was hoping he would at least stick it out one more year, and then go the grad transfer route if he still wasnt happy with playing time. This would have allowed him a chance to play without having to miss a whole other year.

 

He could still decide to stay, but it seems rare that players stay once they put their name in the transfer portal. With California losing players. That could be a place where he ends up, since he is from out there.

With both Keldon Johnson and Herro officially gone and Baker most likely transfering. UK will need some guard depth as Maxey is the only guard they have coming in. I wonder if Cal will pursue the grad transfer route for a guard too.

 

I would have loved to seen Beetle here.

With both Keldon Johnson and Herro officially gone and Baker most likely transfering. UK will need some guard depth as Maxey is the only guard they have coming in. I wonder if Cal will pursue the grad transfer route for a guard too.

 

I saw a tweet yesterday, can't remember who it was, that said that Kentucky was interested in the grad transfer from VTech and another high level grad transfer.

 

What if it was the shooter from Wofford? haha!

 

I am not surprised that Baker is heading out either.

I saw a tweet yesterday, can't remember who it was, that said that Kentucky was interested in the grad transfer from VTech and another high level grad transfer.

 

What if it was the shooter from Wofford? haha!

 

I am not surprised that Baker is heading out either.

 

Blackshear from VA Tech is a very good center/out on the floor forward. He shoots well and battles with the best on the boards. He would be a good get if he doesn't follow Buzz to A&M.

Very disappointed. He would have been a very valuable upperclassman that the final four seems to demand lately.

Grad transfers are becoming the new one-and-dones.

Grad transfers are becoming the new one-and-dones.

True. There was an article in the C-J this morning to the effect that the NCAA is considering a rule such that if a grad transfer does not get his graduate degree before the following season starts, then the school is penalized a scholarship. Evidently, many grad transfers are not diligently pursuing a degree.

True. There was an article in the C-J this morning to the effect that the NCAA is considering a rule such that if a grad transfer does not get his graduate degree before the following season starts, then the school is penalized a scholarship. Evidently, many grad transfers are not diligently pursuing a degree.

 

Eh. So what. Those players earned that extra year graduating on time while playing a college sport. As long as they attend class and are passing while they play, that is good enough for me. It is their loss if they don't take advantage of getting the graduate degree.

Blackshear from VA Tech is a very good center/out on the floor forward. He shoots well and battles with the best on the boards. He would be a good get if he doesn't follow Buzz to A&M.

 

I'd be surprised if he doesn't go to A&M.

 

Would like to have seen Baker stick around. I hope the best for him. I think he could have been a solid four year player.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't go to A&M.

 

Would like to have seen Baker stick around. I hope the best for him. I think he could have been a solid four year player.

 

I wish he would have stayed. He honestly reminded me a lit of a Gerald Fitch type. Expect Baker had a lot more talent around him to have to compete against. I think if Baker stayed he would be one of the best players on the team like Fitch became.

How will UK ever replace the 2 pts. per game that he averaged?

How will UK ever replace the 2 pts. per game that he averaged?

 

Best post I will see all day...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.