Vacations in 2019

CincySportsFan

Has anyone ever been to Emerald Isle, NC?

The wife is in a wedding there in June and we're getting a VRBO for a few days, and were thinking of staying a little longer after the wedding party leaves but aren't sure what's there and if we'll like it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The wife is in a wedding there in June and we're getting a VRBO for a few days, and were thinking of staying a little longer after the wedding party leaves but aren't sure what's there and if we'll like it.

My grandparents and Aunt and Uncle use to go every year. I went twice when I was younger. Last time was the summer before my freshmen year in high school, so 1989. I really don't remember much about it to be honest.

So ready for my summer vacation. Late June I am headed to Norway for about six days. Taking in Oslo, Flam, Bergen, and the magnificent fjord country. On the way back we are stopping for three days in Iceland.

That sounds awesome! My wife and I are going in August on a 10 day Baltic Sea cruise...leaves from Copenhagen and goes to Sweden, Norway, Finland, Estonia, St. Petersburg, Russia and the northern tip of Germany (will make a day trip that day to Berlin to see the wall)...cannot wait!!

I have been a couple of times. Really cool place. The water can be a bit rough, but the sound side is nice and calm.

That sounds awesome! My wife and I are going in August on a 10 day Baltic Sea cruise...leaves from Copenhagen and goes to Sweden, Norway, Finland, Estonia, St. Petersburg, Russia and the northern tip of Germany (will make a day trip that day to Berlin to see the wall)...cannot wait!!

The group is being led a friend of ours who is Norwegian. What sold us on the trip is we get to visit his family farm and have a meal there. Also looking forward to kayaking in and out of the fjords. In Iceland, the highlight will be visiting the Blue Lagoon. The pictures of it look amazing.

So ready for my summer vacation. Late June I am headed to Norway for about six days. Taking in Oslo, Flam, Bergen, and the magnificent fjord country. On the way back we are stopping for three days in Iceland.

Part of my dad's family was from Bergen before emigrating. Say hallo to my distant relatives for me.

MrsC's company only has 100 employees. They are consultants who hardly ever see each other. They do two meetings a year. One is just all of the employees, the other is a company trip for them and a guest. We just got back from this year's trip, Savannah, GA.

Next year is the 15th anniversary of the company, and we just found out the trip is Lisbon, Portugal.

This is the 2nd Euro trip. For the 10 year anniversary we went to Barcelona. We've also been to Charleston, Vegas, Nashville, New Orleans, and San Fran.

Just returned from Indian Shores Florida. It's our annual Spring Break spot. Love it there.....

Headed to Norris for our Annual Lake Trip in Mid June.

Also head to Sandusky Oh for a Baseball Tourney right before the 4th of July.

Then hopefully somewhere in August or maybe later for my 50th Birthday. But with Middle School Football it always conflicts.

• 2 weeks later...
Orange Beach this July. Any recommendations? We've been to Gulf Shores so we're really just moving up the beach.

We ate most of our meals in the Gulf Shores area, but there were a couple of places in Orange Beach that I really liked. Got a fantastic steak burger at Hurricane Grill & Wings. One of the best burgers I've ever eaten. Lillian's Pizza has excellent pizza & calzones.

We're not a seafood eating family, so maybe some others can help out with seafood options.

• 2 weeks later...
In late June we will be in Michigan for our first vacation there. We will head to Big Bear Dunes for some sight-seeing and recreation (about an hour from our "home base" for the trip.

I'll be around the other side of Grand Traverse Bay at the exact same time. I've come to love late June in Michigan. Just about the time it's starting to get unbearably hot and humid in Kentucky, I drive 9 hours north until the humidity dies and temperatures drop.