Michigan State 68 Duke 67 (NCAA Tournament Elite 8)

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'd like a Michigan State vs. Auburn championship game.

I don’t think Auburn can beat Virginia without the 6’8 player that was injured in the UNC game. They shouldn’t have beaten Kentucky without him but they did thanks to UK’s inability to make free throws and Hagan’s 7 turnovers running the point.

I don’t think they can shoot their way around Virginia. Those guys have shooters too. My guess is Virginia by 6, or more. Michigan State by 3 over Texas Tech.

Michigan State vs Virginia in the championship game. Spartans win in a close one.

They (and CBS, for that matter) are fully in on Michigan State now. You've got two other teams who have never been to the Final Four, and another in Virginia, who hasn't been in the past 35 years and is most recently noticable for becoming the first #1 seed to lose to a 16.

It will be interesting to see what the ratings are for the last 3 games, with the four teams that are left.

I was joking with PP92 about this today. The Duke/UCF game pulled in 13 million viewers. I will be blown away if the national championship pulls in half that. If it's a Viriginia/Texas Tech and the score is 23-25 at half, most people will turn it off.

I was joking with PP92 about this today. The Duke/UCF game pulled in 13 million viewers. I will be blown away if the national championship pulls in half that. If it's a Viriginia/Texas Tech and the score is 23-25 at half, most people will turn it off.

Probably as bad as UConn vs Butler.

No doubt the ratings will be worse. Zion is the biggest draw since ??? I am not a Duke fan and I watched Duke games to see what he would do next. Now I guess I will have to look for video of him playing in a game at the rec center.

Doug Gottlieb is hammering on coach K on his radio talk show this morning. He says that Izzo coached circles around K in the last 90 seconds of this game. He is also saying Coach K is overrated, is a great recruiter and not a great x's and o's coach.

Most NCAA wins, most NCAA tournament wins, tied for most Final Four appearances (with Wooden), #2 in NCAA Championships (behind Wooden). What a bum.

Most NCAA wins, most NCAA tournament wins, tied for most Final Four appearances (with Wooden), #2 in NCAA Championships (behind Wooden). What a bum.

He is seventh in winning percentage. Here are your top 8 in winning percentage. This does not include this year and I am only including major D1 programs:

1. Adolph Rupp .822

2. John Wooden .804

3. Roy Williams .788

4. Jerry Tarkanian .744

5. Dean Smith .776

6. John Calipari .772

7. Mike Krzyzewski .767

8. Bill Self .764

He is seventh in winning percentage. Here are your top 8 in winning percentage. This does not include this year and I am only including major D1 programs:

1. Adolph Rupp .822

2. John Wooden .804

3. Roy Williams .788

4. Jerry Tarkanian .744

5. Dean Smith .776

6. John Calipari .772

7. Mike Krzyzewski .767

8. Bill Self .764

Tarkanian supposed to be .784????

Average wins per season:

Roy... 29

Cal... 27

Self.. 26.1

K..... 25.7

Is it possible K is not the best ever?

Is it possible K got outcoached in the game against Michigan St.?

I mean, sure, it is possible he isn’t the best ever and it is possible that he got out coached in that game. I suppose overrated is a relative term, but I don’t see much of a leg to stand on to call him overrated. No one has won more titles in the 64 team era.