Michigan State 68 Duke 67 (NCAA Tournament Elite 8)

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for those saying one and done doesnt work. The same can be said about almost any model. Coach Izzo is one of the best coaches in the country. He always has talented veteran teams, yet he has won only one title at this moment. So for my fellow UK fans who may say that want the experienced team. People would still complain about those results too with only one title.

Its simple this tournament is hard to win. You need talent, some experience, but also some luck.

We did with Tubby and people complained probably worse then than now. lol

You could not be more wrong.

Do you know how stupid it sounds to say it's more important to me that Duke is not in the final four then it is UK is in the final four.

Am I glad Duke lost - yes. Not near as upset as I am about UK's loss. No one would trade a UK in the final four for a Duke not in the final four.

You keep hating though.

He didn’t say YOU enjoyed Duke losing more than UK winning, he said there were people that did. And he’s right. Regardless of how much you disagree.

Zion was so fun to watch this year, even though I hate Duke. Young man is a very special talent and I look forward to how he performs as a pro. Disappointing loss for Duke, but that's how it works in a one-and-out tournament setup.

Huge props to Tom Izzo. I have always liked him, but have felt that his best days were behind him. Congrats to him and the Spartans.

He didn’t say YOU enjoyed Duke losing more than UK winning, he said there were people that did. And he’s right. Regardless of how much you disagree.

No UK fan enjoyed the Duke loss more than they hated the UK loss, no matter how many times you say it. It's just not true.

I'm not going to lie, I'm happy Duke lost but I'd have been 100 times happier if UK had made the final four today...I think anyone who's really a UK fan feels this way.

No UK fan enjoyed the Duke loss more than they hated the UK loss, no matter how many times you say it. It's just not true.

I'm not going to lie, I'm happy Duke lost but I'd have been 100 times happier if UK had made the final four today...I think anyone who's really a UK fan feels this way.

You’re wrong. No matter how many times you say it. I watched both games with several.

Now if you want to argue their fandom, be my guest.

I’ll be pulling for Bruce Pearl! I’d love for him to be the next coach when Cal decides to hang it up.

I like Pearl a lot but not sure how many years he will have left when Cal bows out. But I will be pulling for Auburn. I guess after that it's kinda a toss up between Texas Tech and MSU, I like Izzo a lot but Tech is a cool story and I enjoyed watching them play yesterday.

Good day for me. My least favorite team in college hoops is UK. My second least favorite team is Duke...

Just about every game from Thursday until today did not go my way. Today was a beautiful thing to watch...:lol2:

You’re wrong. No matter how many times you say it. I watched both games with several.

Now if you want to argue their fandom, be my guest.

Then you watched with a bunch of flakes.

It would be like saying you'd be happier with a UK defeat than a Cards win...no way a real fan ever feels that way.

I can see getting extreme joy in seeing Duke or Louisville losing right after UK did...but I'd still rather see UK win.

Ask your " UK Friends" if they'd rather made the final 4 or Duke lose? Just because they didn't curl up in the fetal position and cry when UK lost but screamed out in joy when Duke lost doesn't mean the Duke loss was bigger for them.

I don’t know if all the Bruce Pearl Love is well founded.

The man has had two assistant coaches caught up in the recent scandals which are criminal charges and may lead to NCAA issues.

I don’t know if he’ll weather it all anymore than Wade or others will.

What will espn do now.

They (and CBS, for that matter) are fully in on Michigan State now. You've got two other teams who have never been to the Final Four, and another in Virginia, who hasn't been in the past 35 years and is most recently noticable for becoming the first #1 seed to lose to a 16.

It will be interesting to see what the ratings are for the last 3 games, with the four teams that are left.