Michigan State 68 Duke 67 (NCAA Tournament Elite 8)

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also did not realize that Duke has not been to the Final 4 since Kentucky was last there in 2015.

Obviously coach K has lost it. Since 2015 he has lost in the sweet 16, 2nd round, and elite 8 twice. Which coincidence enough are the exact same results for coach Cal at UK over the last 4 years.

Which as everyone says on here coach K is beating Cal at his own game getting even better recruits. Guys such as Brandon Ingram, Luke Kennard, Jayson Tatum, Zion Willamson, Marvin Bagley, RJ Barrett. Yet he has the exact same results as coach Cal over the last 4 seasons and coach K has had the better players.

For perspective, since we all know UK should be winning very regional final, Duke has only made two Final Fours the past 15 seasons. Granted, they won the title those two seasons, but these things don’t grow on trees.

Going to miss watching Zion. College basketball lost as a whole not having the Blue Devils in Minneapolis.

I thought Duke, offensively, was nothing more than a much more skilled version of UK. Extremely flawed. They never seemed to figure it out on that end of the (half) court all season.

I can't believe the media made negative comment towards the Duke program!

Actual quote from CBS's Jim Nantz "The one and done era is not bringing championships" other than the 2012 Kentucky and the 2015 Duke teams.

Really wouldn't classify that a negative comment, if you are a basketball person. There seems to be a lot of proof that it doesn't work.

I think some are more excited Duke lost than they are upset that UK lost.

It's a hard tournament to win. I'm not upset with the UK loss or excited about the Duke loss. The way both fan bases should look at it though is that another true blue blood isn't gonna win it this year.

As for those saying one and done doesnt work. The same can be said about almost any model. Coach Izzo is one of the best coaches in the country. He always has talented veteran teams, yet he has won only one title at this moment. So for my fellow UK fans who may say that want the experienced team. People would still complain about those results too with only one title.

Its simple this tournament is hard to win. You need talent, some experience, but also some luck.

And the same can be said to you. :lol2:

You could not be more wrong.

Do you know how stupid it sounds to say it's more important to me that Duke is not in the final four then it is UK is in the final four.

Am I glad Duke lost - yes. Not near as upset as I am about UK's loss. No one would trade a UK in the final four for a Duke not in the final four.

You keep hating though.